There's nothing I can do. It's you.

From inside the taxi, Jennie was looking out at the apartment across the street. Her heart was beating fast, she knew she wasn't supposed to be here. She took a deep breath and asked the driver to wait for her before stepping out of the taxi.

Jennie was wondering if Jisoo was in her apartment that night. Nervously, she played with the pedant on her chest. She waited until someone came and opened the door. Jennie slipped inside and went upstairs to where Jisoo's room was.

The closer she got, the faster her heart was beating. She could hear it throbbing. Like a drum playing some ruckus music, it was piercing and she found it harder to breath. Jennie stopped in front of Jisoo's door, unsure if Jisoo was there or not.

She finally brought herself to knock on the door.

She waited for a few seconds to what it felt like years. There was one thing she was scared of the most but she wouldn't let herself back down now.

She knocked on the door again, louder this time.

What would I do if she isn't here tonight? I can't just come to her house and ask her father to hand his daughter to me so I can talk to her in the middle of the night...

Before she knocked again, she heard a sound from inside the room. Then the door was opened and Jisoo was standing in front of her. Her hair and face were damp. Looked like she was just taking a late night shower.

Jennie wondered where she had been at this hour.

Was she with Yeri?

Jealousy and anxiety were raging inside her but she ignored these feelings. Her will was stronger.

I won't back down...

Jisoo looked stunned. Hands still on the door, she stared at Jennie, unable to say anything.

Like a thief, Jennie stormed inside Jisoo's room, she welcomed herself without saying anything. She waited until Jisoo finally closed the door.

It was warm and dimmed inside.

Jennie pointed at the clock hanging on the wall,

"It's still my birthday."

She cleared her throat.

Jisoo didn't say anything, still trying to figure out what was going on.

"I'm here to get something," Jennie said it vocally, her voice was trembling but she continued, "I always get what I want on my birthday."

"Happy birthday..." Jisoo finally managed to say, her voice was low and husky, weighted with guilt.

They were awkwardly standing far away from each other, saying nothing, doing nothing.

Jennie decided to close the distance between them, slowly she made her way towards Jisoo. Jisoo was barefaced, grains of water climbing down her hair and Jennie could smell the whiff of her lotion.

She stared at the girl in front of her, and in just a moment, Jennie was about to find out whether her fear was true or not.

Her breath was heavy and her gestures was unsure, but she didn't back down. Jennie let her coat fell down to the floor. She moved closer until only inches separated her from the one she wanted.

Still boring into Jisoo's eyes, she tried to act strong but she knew that her face must be pale and she probably looked like a fumbling kid right now. She got herself closer to Jisoo, then closer, and closer, until she heard the other girl's breath hitched.

Seeing Jisoo closely again after weeks, Jennie was overwhelmed with all sort of emotions. There was no one that could make her feel the way Jisoo made her feel.