Just a good night text

In the evening, Lisa went to Rosé's house to pick her up; it would be the first time they saw each other again after a year. She texted Rosé, letting her know that she was already outside. She brushed her bangs with her fingers and retouched her lipstick. She felt nervous.

When Rosé was stepping outside her house, Lisa felt like the whole world stopped moving but Rosé; even her own heart seemed to stop beating. Her eyes followed Rosé...

"Lisa?" Rosé called her from outside her car, "you locked the door."

"Oh shit, sorry." Lisa unlocked her car.

"Hi..." Rosé said smilingly as she sat on the passenger seat, "It's been a year."

"Feels like a millennium to me..." Lisa replied. She started her car and drove her way to the restaurant she had reserved for that night.

***

The night was fantastic for Lisa; the food was good, the place was vibrant and her company was charming. It felt like they hadn't wasted a whole year ignoring each other; they had so many things to talk about. Even the apology that night felt light and predestined. They talked it over smiles and laughters.

"I didn't know what I was doing," Rosé smiled shyly, "the moment I saw you leaving, I regretted everything."

"I was shattered, too." Lisa laughed, "for the whole year."

She then looked at Rosé, still smiling but spoke with a serious tone, "I am glad we're here now."

"It was actually fascinating the way you protected her that night. You two seems so close."

"We are, been friends with Jisoo since I was five. She was the one who always defended me from the naughty kids at school. She was a thin child but she was brave."

"Were you bullied?" Rosé laughed, "I thought you were the bully."

"Lol, my family just moved in to this country and I didn't speak much of the language. Jisoo was there. And so did her father and... her mother back then," Lisa paused, "I stayed at her house often since my parents sometimes were too busy to pick me up from school."

"Oh wow, you're basically like sister."

"Yeah. We always have each other's back. Just like you and Jennie."

They exchanged smile. This is everything that they've been missing all this time; so they treat the night as if it has no end.

***

Meanwhile that night, Jennie was lonely and sad. She'd been wanting to text Jisoo, but why should she, she thought. It should be her to text me first.

She became more annoyed when she thought that Jisoo might be sleeping right now.

Beep

There was an incoming text...