In all honesty

"Babe, I had wine, I think I will leave my car here. Take me home..." Rosé said to Lisa. They were at the parking lot, ready to go home.

"But, babe. I'm taking Jisoo home, not you."

"I think it's better for her to go home with Jennie..."

"Sorry baby but homies over hoes... You can call a desig-"

"Are you saying I'm a hoe??" Rosé gaped.

Jisoo glanced at Jennie, she didn't want to ride with her tonight, because she felt betrayed, but on the other hand, she didn't want Rosé to get mad at Lisa.

She had no other option.

"Lisa, I will go home with Jennie." Jisoo finally decided to get a lift from Jennie.

"Your homie has her final say, now take your hoe home..." Lisa didn't have time to answer because Rosé tweaked her ear and dragged her to her car. Lisa was screaming for help but Jisoo didn't move, her best friend's girlfriend was so scary...

Adios, amigo...

"Good lord, I hope Lisa will still be alive by tomorrow."

                ***

***

"Jisoo, please stop pouting... I'm sorry, okay?"

Jisoo refused to drive that night. She sat on the passenger seat with her back on Jennie. She was really annoyed and she made sure it showed.

"I thought you didn't like eggplant."

"I like eggplants! Why would I take your eggplants all this time if I don't like it?"

"I thought it's just because you had to pool it out from my plate... And I know that Doyeon is obsessed with eggplants. God, she worships that vegetable!"

"We don't talk about her here."

"Okay, I'm sorry. Please stop pouting, Jisoo..." Jennie changed her tone, "Don't you miss me? We haven't seen each other for more than a week."

That was true and 'missing' was an understatement. She was on Jennie-deprivation.

"I do." Jisoo answered softly. She still looked away.

Jennie tried not to giggle, "I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you."

"I do miss you! That's why I came to the dinner. I still have to work on my reports, but I made time." Jisoo paused, her voice was soften and pitiful, "I wanted to see you."

Jisoo rarely communicated her feelings, Jennie had learned that she was that show-not-tell type of person. It was a surge of dazzling sensation to hear a little confession escaped from her mouth.

She suddenly felt sorry for Jisoo because she and Rosé organized a large group dinner instead of a small one. She didn't know that Jisoo had really looking forward to the night. She glimpsed at sulking Jisoo who looked like an abandoned child who wanted to be loved but too stubborn to admit it.

She pulled over the car and apparently it drew Jisoo's attention; she turned to Jennie, still pouting and frowning.

"I really am sorry. What can I do to make it up?"

Jisoo just stared at Jennie, she pursed her lips, "You didn't even save me a seat."

"I did, but since Doyeon came earlier than you, she took it."

"You talked to her all night."

"That was only because you refused to talk to me after the eggplant incident."

"You can talk to anybody else. There was Joy, Nayeon..." her voice was getting weaker and weaker.

"Which I did, too. I talked to them."

That was true. Now Jisoo was out of complaining material. Truth to be told, it wasn't about the eggplant; or the seat; or even Doyeon. She was disappointed that she had to share Jennie with her friends that night. Sitting there among all those people that Jennie cared about, she didn't feel special. It felt like she was just another friend of Jennie and it ridiculously hurt her more than she was willing to admit.

Because it was indeed true. She was indeed just a friend. And it was her that was still scared to be more than a friend.

"Jennie..."

"Yes?"

"Why do you want to be friends with me?"

What came to Jennie's mind was, because you're beautiful. And you're pretty much always in my mind since the day we met. And for a year when I thought it was over, you were still somehow in the corner of my mind.

She took her time to answer, trying to formulate her words in all honesty without revealing too much, "I feel comfortable with you. And I have known you this much. But I still want to know you more," she was hesitant to continue, but she added, "And to get more. To be more to you."

The potential double meaning was not lost on Jisoo, who just nodded silently. Jennie's words soothed her, they were like a saving hand to her almost drown mind which seemed about to be lost in the sea of prodigious friends of Jennie. The words didn't make her any less intimidated, but it indeed gave her the much needed courage to keep on walking, like what Lisa had told her.

"What about you, Jisoo? Why do you want to be friends with me?"

"I don't know," she replied without doubt, she determined to make it sincere, as she had always been to Jennie, "I just have to. I can not not having you. I don't think I can afford it, Jennie..."

Friendship was such a beautiful thing and what lied beyond that was something Jisoo was desperate to taste.

But only with Jennie, it had to be Jennie.

***