Lies were forgiven.

A few minutes had passed, Jisoo tried to ignore the pain she was in with an attempt to think with a clear head.

It all made sense. The way that man reacted to the necklace that day in the store, how Jennie was restless last night, the reason she was late to the party tonight...

'I left my phone in your car...'

What were they doing? Will Jennie tell me about it? Or will she hide it from me?

If he is just an ex, why does it bother Jennie so much now that he is around? And why is he around? Why did they spend the Christmas eve together? Has he given Jennie the necklace and did Jennie like it?

What should I do?

Jisoo carefully took out the jewelry box from her bag, the bow she tied had misplaced and it was bent at its corners. She looked at it for a good few seconds. Her head was empty, but then she remembered that Jennie was waiting outside. She put the box back into her bag.

She walked out of the restroom and found Jennie at the backyard.

***

They were driving in silence. Jisoo stole a glance at Jennie, clearly something was bothering her. The first thing she did when they got into the car was looking for a phone. Once she found it on the passenger seat, she hurriedly put it inside her bag and she hadn't said anything to Jisoo yet.

"Jisoo, where are you taking me?"

"We're going to my apartment."

"Your apartment?" Jennie sounded surprised, "I thought we were going to our place. You know the river bank, under the tree?"

Jisoo slowly swallowed a lump in her throat, "We're- we're just... going to my place, instead."

"You have never invited me to your room before...Especially when... it's late."

Jisoo looked at Jennie, the girl was flustered. It hurt her that Jennie got the wrong idea.

"I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable," she said, "Or do you want me to take you home now?"

"No!" Jennie quickly answered, "Your... your place is better."

Jennie's face turned bright, her cat eyes were wide open and she got a natural blush on her cheeks now. She looked excited, and nervous, and timid. And adorable. And beautiful.

And it pained Jisoo to see her like that.

***

Jisoo parked the car a few buildings away from her apartment. The air inside the car was too heavy from too much anticipation and she couldn't handle it.

She swallowed up her disappointment that Jennie hadn't said anything about Kai.

That she, in fact, was late because of him.

She swallowed up the pain, making sure it didn't show on her face.

"Jennie, why don't we talk outside?"

"O- okay. Sure."

Jisoo made sure Jennie put on her coat, mittens, scarf and her beanie. It was half an hour to the next day, the winter was mild and it was indeed a beautiful night. Jisoo could see stars on the clear sky.

The night was designed to be a beautiful night.

They stood side by side, their backs rested on the body of the car. Both were looking to the sky.

"I see stars." said Jennie.

"Yes."

"It's going to be a different night, there was no star when we were in Jeju." Jennie said excitedly.