Eggplant

"Aren't we picking up Rosé first?"

It was quarter to 6, Jisoo and Lisa were just leaving the university complex, heading to the restaurant.

"No, she'll come with Jennie. They bring friends."

"Friends?"

"Rosé invited some of her friends from IB."

"Have you met their friends?"

"I have."

"How are they?" Jisoo suddenly felt nervous. She thought it would only be the four of them.

"They are... cool."

"You don't sound convincing."

"I mean, they're not science majors; we're different breeds. You know, we're dorks, the underdogs..."

Jisoo had never felt as isolated from the real world as she was right now, "Are we that different?"

"I mean, we've been friends since forever, you know that I'm not that person who's trying hard to fit in..."

"Right..." Jisoo tried to put the pieces together.

Lisa still focusing on the road, her eyes were impassive, "Well, but I gotta try... After all, they're my girlfriend's circle."

"Right..."

"Don't worry though. It's only a dinner."

***

The said restaurant was on the highest level of an office tower

The said restaurant was on the highest level of an office tower. Once Jisoo and Lisa stepped out of the elevator and gave Rosé's name to the hostess, they were ushered to a private dining room where Jennie and friends had been waiting.

Jisoo wasn't sure what was more breathtaking; the prime panoramic views of Bukhan mountain and downtown Seoul from the 35th floor, or Jennie Kim's eyes that met hers, followed by Jennie Kim's smile when she recognised it was Jisoo who was stepping into the room.

Jisoo heart was racing, both from her acrophobia and from the cure of her acute Jennie-deprivation.

"Hey..." she greeted Jennie.

"Hey..." Jennie gave Jisoo a sweet smile, reaching out to Jisoo's index finger with hers.

She missed me too.

"Some of you have met my girlfriend, Lisa..." Rosé introduced Lisa and Jisoo to her friends, ".... and this is Kim Jisoo, she's a friend of mine too, Lisa's classmate."

Jisoo got a hot flush, being around large group of people, especially new people, wasn't really her thing. She greeted the new friends timidly.

This one is Eunwoo, this is Joy, this is Bobby, Nayeon, Riley, this one is Doyeon...