A visit

It was finally weekend again. Jisoo was waiting outside her apartment building. She checked the time, Jennie would be there in a few minutes and they'd go to Jisoo's house together.

She tried to identify her feelings. There was excitement to see Jennie; but since Jeju, there was also uneasiness. It was probably anxiety; but for sure it wasn't shame.

She thought about what she had: her humble home and family. Just a normal Korean father and daughter with their normal white Shih Poo dog, sheltered in the city's unimpressive neighborhood. She thought about her room; it was also nothing special.

Her mind soared to Lisa's dance room in her house, which was directly connected to her bedroom. During their teenage days, they spent most of their time inside; dancing their teenage problems away, sometimes screaming on the top of their lungs and most of the time just lying on the floor reading comic books.

Taehyung? He had this PS 5 and he usually invited Jisoo and Jinyoung over to play. Together they made a great team of virtual assassins. Soojoo's room was typical Soojoo. Large wardrobe collection with hideous large collection of nail polish.

As for her, she hoped that Jennie would be entertained by Dalgom. But probably Jennie wouldn't stay long when she found out that her room was rather boring. There was nothing much to do, really, but secretly she wished that Jennie wouldn't mind.

Her home was a part of her anyway. Her room, her family, her mundane life stories she might share with Jennie later; they were parts of her.

For Jennie's slightest care towards these things, in a way, for Jisoo, reflected her care towards Jisoo herself. And it mattered for Jisoo.

***

put your phone in your pocket, came Jennie's text.

But why?

just do it?

Okay.

She put her phone in her pocket and few minutes later, a loud sound of horn almost blew her soul away from her body. Jennie gave her a triumphant smile as she went out of her car and handed Jisoo the keys.

Jisoo observed Jennie, she looked a little bit unusual, "Have you just attended a church service?"

"Why? Is it too plain??" Jennie squeaked. She looked worry.

She was wearing a plain A-line blue dress, ankle length. Her hair let loose, she added only a little bit of volume; made her hair looked a little bit too natural for someone with her reputation. Though Jennie had never worn heavy make up, but this morning, she put even less. There was no jewelry except for the ring Jisoo made for her.

"No... You look... gorgeous." Jisoo avoided eye contact, she turned pink.

Jennie was always Jennie. Glamorous and all. But this conservative look on Jennie was something else. She looked as pretty but different kind of pretty. Which Jisoo liked. She was wondering if she could have her picture in this dress but she was too embarrassed to ask.