Closer

The mood was getting higher. The laughters were getting wild, they jumped to the pool and they soaked themselves into the jacuzzi. Mina got to take pictures with Jennie, she instantly posted them on her Instagram. They looked like besties, not like group mates and Mina was very happy with the pictures. Those who wouldn't need to drive, had something to drink from the mini bar. It felt like they had known each other for years. Jennie refrained herself from drinking, hoping that she could drive Jisoo home tonight.

As for Jisoo, she enjoyed watching the others from afar. She didn't want to go to the outdoor pool, scared of the height. Thankfully she wasn't alone, Jennie said she didn't feel like swimming tonight so she sat beside Jisoo in the living room.

They talked a lot that night. Despite their differences, it was surprisingly a smooth conversation. Jennie made sure she showed Jisoo her gummy smile every time Jisoo looked at her since she knew that Jisoo liked her smile. But honestly, she didn't even have to try, being with Jisoo naturally kindled a smile on her face.

Jisoo had this can of beer with her, her cheeks were red and damped. She was actually feeling nervous, she hadn't expected this. She has Jennie all for herself for what it feels like an endless night. She was feeling greedy, she made sure she got to savor every bits of this moment.

On the other side, Jennie wasn't her usual self. As Jisoo became more and more raw from the beer, she let herself to follow Jisoo's pace. She looked at Jisoo's smiling eyes. Jisoo looked innocently happy. Jennie's heart skipped a bit. She was desperate to be the reason behind that smile.

She had been the reason behind someone's excitement, curiosity, pride, awe.. but with Jisoo it was different. Behind all these beauty and wealth, it felt like Jisoo needed no reason to appreciate her. She just chooses to . And Jennie was drawn to that.

Jisoo felt it was harder to contain her happiness and her desire to sit even closer to Jennie. Is it disrespectful? Will Jennie feel uncomfortable? Jisoo couldn't think straight, her head wasn't clear. She felt like Jennie purposefully brushed their arms lightly, punched her arm while laughing or just randomly poke on her. Am I imagining things? Maybe I'm imagining things. After all she's under the influence.

"I need to go home." Jisoo said. Her head was running wild, she didn't want to do anything that she probably would regret later.

The light on Jennie's face suddenly went away. Why can't you stay? Jennie didn't say anything, she pretended like she didn't hear Jisoo.

"Jennie.." said Jisoo with her husky voice. This time it was softer, almost pleading with a hint of uncertainty.