Broken Phone

"Jisoo, do you have somewhere to go after this?"

It was 5 minutes to 5 PM, Taehyung and Jisoo were just about to finish today's lab work; they were packing their things.

"I have a plan tonight." Jisoo said, her cheeks were slightly reddened.

"With Lisa?"

"No... She never has time for me anymore, she's probably with Rosé now."

"Oh. So who are you going with tonight?"

Jisoo tried to avoid Taehyung's eyes, "Jennie..."

Taehyung twitched a bit, he looked at the ring she wore; he noticed that she put it on all the time. She said Jennie made the ring for her.

"Are you close with her?" They were now walking out of the Science building.

"Yes, we're friends..."

Taehyung thought for a while. "She asked you out?"

"I asked her out." Jisoo said timidly.

Taehyung was about to say something but then he just said, "Okay have fun."

"Thanks," Jisoo gave her innocent smile to Taehyung and he couldn't help but to find his heart fluttered; a sudden pang of jealousy hit him. He gave her a half smile and walked away to his car.

***

Jennie was already waiting in her car; she parked it somewhere hidden from the front gate of the building, waiting for the golden opportunity to honk at Jisoo.

Few minutes later, she saw Jisoo walked to her building; looking around cluelessly.

Beep beep

She saw text notifications from Jisoo on her phone screen. Oh poor girl never learns, she giggled. Now she's standing in the middle of the parking lot; Jennie silently moved her car behind Jisoo and when she was closed enough, she honked loudly to her.

She was about to burst into laughter when she saw Jisoo was startled; but this time, something unexpected happened.

Jisoo dropped her phone. Just like that. That ancient specimen she called a phone hit hard to the asphalt; breaking it into pieces. Jennie was frozen, still processing what had happened; looking to the pieces of Jisoo's phone on the ground. From her peripheral, she could see Jisoo was frozen too.

Fuck.

They were not moving for a while.

What the fuck?

Jennie unconsciously walked out of her car towards Jisoo and the ruin of her phone. The pieces of her phone were scattered all over the ground; was that even a phone before? Fuck! She then looked at Jisoo. She was still frozen, looking to her used-to-be phone with a nightmare in her eyes.

"Ji- Jisoo," Jennie gasped, "I'm sorry..."

Jisoo was still not moving.

"Are you okay?" Jennie walked towards her. Shit.

As if Jisoo just gained her consciousness, she looked at Jennie with her wide eyes and then back to her phone.

"I'm really sorry..." Jennie tried to talk to her. She picked her scattered phone and then held it with her palms. Please, this looks so miserable, she thought. It was literally broken beyond saving.

"I will buy you a new one? Please forgive me?" Still cupping the miserable phone in her palms, she tried to catch Jisoo's eyes.

"Jennie..." Finally Jisoo spoke; Jennie was so scared to look her in the eyes at first, scared to find anger or disappointment there. But as she caught Jisoo's eyes, she could only saw disorientation and helplessness. Her heart was suddenly softened. Please she's so innocent and adorable... These eyes of her are almost as adorable as her smiling eyes.