Car keys

They unpacked the boxes. There were books, clothes, cooking utensils and some others more. Jisoo took care of her clothes, Jennie took the stuff to the kitchen and bathroom while Taehyung assembled the bookshelf. Jennie didn't really know where to put the utensils since she never arranged them by herself. She likes to cook, but she always has the things prepared by home assistants.

When Jisoo had finished with the clothes, she helped Taehyung with the bookshelf. They were talking and laughing while working on it. Jennie tried to ignore them and focus on what she was doing. But the happier Jisoo and Taehyung got, the more impatient Jennie became. So she quickly finished her work and joined them.

After she joined them, Jisoo became more reserved. She was focused more on building the bookshelf. Jennie ended up talking with Taehyung. It was actually quite easy to have a conversation with him, even though his sense of humor was a bit off. But it was probably the perks of science students, Jennie thought. She sometimes found Jisoo's humor a bit weird too, but unlike Taehyung, Jisoo never failed to make her laugh.

It was dark already when they finished the bookshelf and cleaned up the room. Taehyung looked at the time,

"Jisoo, I think we should go now. I have a plan with my family at 8. Can I take you home now?"

Jennie looked at Jisoo, she wanted to offer a ride to her too, but she was hesitant since Jisoo always refused her offer. Her heart dropped, What if she rejects my offer again? What if Jisoo rides home with him again? And here's Taehyung, casually offering her for a ride.

"Tae, you can go. I can take the bus."

Jennie almost jumped with happiness when she heard Jisoo's answer. She let out a small grin, she won without doing nothing! She couldn't believe her luck! That's right, Kim Jisoo. Send him home!

"Are you sure?" Taehyung asked hesitantly, "I still have plenty of time, don't worry."

Jennie rolled her eyes.

Jisoo looked briefly to Jennie, then she looked back at Taehyung, "Yeah don't worry." she gave him a smile, "I'll see you again tomorrow?"

"Okay, I'll see you again tomorrow. I will text you tonight."

"Sure."

"Jennie, are you going home too now?" Taehyung asked.

"Uhm.. Not yet." Jennie grabbed a duster and started dusting the table, "I'm going to finish this first."

"Okay. See you later, bye Jisoo. Take care okay?"

"Drive safe. Thanks for helping, Tae." Jisoo waved back to Taehyung.

The room felt silent after Taehyung left. Jennie busied herself with the cleaning.

"What time will you go home?" Jisoo asked her.

Jennie didn't look up to her, "I- I can wait for you and drive you home." she said flatly, trying not to sound too hopeful.

"I think you should go home now before it's too dark."

"I'm good." Jennie pouted. Why is she so annoying today? She should be grateful I'm here to help her.

Jisoo paused for a moment, "Let's go home now. I'm done."

Jennie quickly look up to her and dropped her duster, "Really? Okay let's go."

"Where's your car keys?"

"But I'm driving." Jennie protested.

"No... I'm driving."

Jennie was hesitant, but she didn't want to miss the opportunity to take Jisoo home, so she gave her the car keys.