Doesn't matter

Jisoo arrived at Jennie's house just in time. She got the car ready and waited in the car. It had been more than an hour but there was still no sight of Jennie. She checked her phone, Jennie hadn't texted her.

She had been thinking about last night and it made her stomach turned. She knew she was wrong, she should've controlled herself like she'd been doing all this time. She checked the time, she'd been waiting for almost two hours now.

She was about to leave the car for a while and stretched her legs when she saw Jennie coming out from her house. She wore a silky black dress, her hair was wavy and she had this bold eye-makeup. She looks stunning. Jisoo's heart fluttered. She was nervous because of yesterday; but deep down, she didn't want to admit that she felt nervous because she couldn't really control herself lately. She tried to focus on her job, but as they spent more time together, it was getting harder for her to ignore her heart.

Jennie took the backseat this time, she slammed the door. Without greeting Jisoo, she gave her an address; it was a nightclub.

Jisoo started the car, she smelled a soft scent of alcohol from her. Probably that was why she couldn't drive herself to the club, she'd had pre-drinks already. Jisoo took a glance at Jennie using the rearview mirror. Jennie was looking out the window.

They drove in silence. It was actually not a new thing, they'd been driving in silence many times, but this was different. Both of them could feel the uncomfortable tension and nobody wanted to start a conversation. It wouldn't do any good.

"We're here." Jisoo said when they arrived.

"You can go home. Leave my car here and drop the keys at the valet." said Jennie. She was about to open the door when Jisoo said,

"I can wait." It was almost 11 PM.

"No, you can't. I don't know what time I'm going home."

""Then, how will you go home later?" Jisoo insisted.

"I'll get myself a designated driver." Jennie didn't want to continue the conversation as she opened the door and went inside the building.

Jisoo considered the situation for a moment. She decided to wait and found a spot to park. She texted Taehyung and told him her whereabouts. She also texted her dad to say she'd be home late tonight.

                    ***

It was 1 AM, Jennie was still inside. Jisoo hadn't grown worried yet,  she knew that students usually spend their summer break by partying before the semester started. Besides, Jennie would probably with Rosé right now. Jisoo felt tired and sleepy.

When it was 3 AM, Jisoo started to get worried. What if she got too wasted she can't even move? Jisoo tried to suppress her worry, but she finally decided to go inside the club. She was grateful that they at least let her in.

It was loud and crowded inside, Jisoo was having difficulty to locate Jennie. She looked around and walked towards the deeper part of the club when she finally saw Rosé. She also spotted Irene with her; there were few other popular students around the table. Jisoo looked closely and found Jennie was there; chatting and standing too closely with a boy. Jisoo knew him from the Academic Writing. Isn't it Zico?

Jisoo suddenly found herself jealous of how close Jennie was with Zico right now. She didn't know she had that jealousy inside her, she tried to brush the thought. She took a seat quite far from them and observed Jennie.

Jennie didn't look too wasted, she didn't even look drunk. On the other hand, Zico looked drunk. Jisoo checked the time, it's half past 3. Should I wait inside or outside?