8 A.M.

Jennie had no idea what she needed to do at 8 in the morning. What the hell, where the fuck should I go at fucking 8 in the morning?? She looked at herself in the mirror. Damn it Jennie Kim.. She brushed her hair vigorously..

"Uh.. ouch!"

She looked at her chat with Jisoo again..

Hi Jennie. It's Jisoo

Jennie's mouth twitched, She's so dumb..

Jennie didn't know she missed her texts so much. It had been a while and a lot of things had happened, but she was glad she got to talk to Jisoo again. It felt like the universe was setting them up again; it failed once and it tried again.

****
Jisoo woke up early the next morning. She prepared for their meals early and then went to Jennie's house and she got the car ready.

At 8 sharp, Jennie went out. She wore a white blouse and fitted jeans. Her hair let loose and she got a little smile on her face.

"Good morning." Jisoo greeted her when she got into the car.

"Good morning." Jennie said cheerfully.

Jisoo didn't know that Jennie was a morning person, she looks radiant.

"Where should I take you to this morning?" Jisoo avoided using her name, she was still unsure if it's appropriate to call Jennie by her first name.

"I want to get something for breakfast." Jennie gave her the name of the restaurant.

"Ok." Jisoo said as she started the car. How do you have a house this big with a lot of employees but you haven't had your breakfast yet? Jisoo was wondering.

Jennie cleared her throat, "Have you had your breakfast yet?"

"Me?" Jisoo asked.

"No, Jisoo I am talking to my hand." She's unbelievable...

"Yes, I have." Jisoo said briefly.

Jennie pouted. The breakfast actually was served this morning, but Jennie just had a glass of milk. Since Jisoo had to wake up early for today, Jennie thought maybe she hadn't had her breakfast yet.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Jennie asked Jisoo again, "Uhm, are you sure you already have your breakfast?"

"Yes. I am sure." Jisoo turned her head around to the passenger seat and stared at Jennie. Why would I be unsure of what I did this morning?

"But.. You come with me." Jennie said.

"Excuse me?"

"I- I don't want to sit alone inside." Jennie said, she turned her head away from Jisoo.

Jisoo was just staring at her, unmoved. Jennie went out of the car and walked to the driver's door. She knocked on the window.

"Come!" she said to Jisoo, pouting.

Jisoo had no choice; she went out of the car and followed Jennie inside the restaurant.

What Jennie wants, Jennie gets.

***

"Are you ready to order?" Jennie asked Jisoo when they were already inside the restaurant.

"I am good. Thanks." Jisoo wasn't sure if she should order. Besides, she'd already had her breakfast.

"So you're gonna watch me eat?" Jennie said coldly.

"Uhm. I had my breakfast this morning."

"Then have it again." Jennie pouted. She ordered two sets of breakfast.

They sat in silence. Jennie crossed her arms and Jisoo looked around the place.

Is this how rich people eat? Riding miles away from their home just to get a buttered bread and a cup of coffee?

Her gaze fell on Jennie. She crossed her arms and looked straight to Jisoo. Jisoo suddenly felt cold, it was like first days of freshman year all over again.

Jisoo tried to break the awkwardness, "Ho- how was your first year?"

"Good," Jennie said flatly, "I had a great time."

"Good." Jisoo said. They fell silent again.

"How's yours?" Jennie finally asked.

Jisoo wasn't sure how to answer to that since 'a great time' wasn't fit to describe her first year.

"It started well; but it got worse. Felt like a living botox." Jisoo said.

Jennie let out a small chuckle. Her gummy smile showing. Jisoo stunned for a moment, she stared at Jennie, she indeed looks radiant. It was like first days of freshman all over again. She smiled a little, trying to brush away the thoughts. Her head felt light.

"We're only getting busier." Jennie said.

"I know. We barely had time to go home. I'll move out from home and live somewhere closer this year." Jisoo didn't know why she told Jennie this.

"Really? I think that's great. I have stayed at my hotel couple of times instead of going home during the busy days." Jennie said.

"I see." Jisoo responded, recalling that it was their basecamp for the group project.

They had the conversation flowing while they were eating. Jennie couldn't stop herself from laughing at Jisoo's jokes. She didn't remember that Jisoo was this hilarious.

"Jisoo, I want to go to Rosé's house today. She's just got back from holiday. Do you want to take me there?" Jennie asked Jisoo. They had finished their breakfast.

"Why are you asking?" Jisoo asked her back.

"Sorry?"

"I am your driver. I'll take you wherever." Jisoo said softly, she was confused why Jennie asked.

Jennie was blushing. She thought they were still in their freshman year, when Jisoo used to drive her to the printing house and the basecamp. Jennie sometimes needed to stopped by at some places and she usually asked for Jisoo's permission. It was when they were friends.

She was also impressed that Jisoo didn't ashamed that she was a driver to someone of her age. She could see that Jisoo was holding back, but it was probably because of their history, not because of who she is. Jennie was wondering, how does it feel to live free from your identity; so that you don't need to be arrogant nor ashamed of who you are. She wanted to feel liberated too. Jennie didn't realize she had been staring too long at Jisoo.

"Jennie?" Jisoo called her. Her voice was husky.

"Uh? Yes?" Jennie was back to her sense.

"Do you want to go now?"

"Yes. You drive, right?" Jennie asked.

"Of course?" Jisoo said, totally confused.

"Uh." Jennie felt dumb, she quickly went to the car and Jisoo was strolling behind her.