Not your friend

"Let's go." Jisoo looked at the time and went out of the room, Jennie trailing from behind and smiled.

When they were already in the car, Jennie asked Jisoo, "Where is your house?"

"That way." Jisoo pointed to the direction as she started the car.

"Okay." Jennie said, she was still smiling.

They were driving for about 5 minutes when Jennie realized that they were heading to the wrong direction.

"Isn't your home that way?" she asked Jisoo, totally confused.

"Yes" she answered flatly.

"Why are we heading this way?"

"I'm taking you home." she said again with a flat tone.

Jennie was shocked. You what???

"But I said, I take you home!!" Jennie yelled, she couldn't believe that Jisoo just tricked her.

"And I didn't say yes."

"You did!" Jennie was frustrated, her face was red.

"I said, 'let's go home'. I'm taking you home..."

"But this is not what I wanted!" Jennie still yelling.

"But this is what I wanted." Jisoo said calmly, she didn't move her eyes from the road.

Jennie was so frustrated, she didn't know what to say. She crossed her arms and looked away to the window. She didn't know why but fuck Taehyung!

They were driving in silence, Jisoo still hadn't talked to her. As minutes went by, Jennie got more annoyed.

"Why are you doing this?" she finally asked Jisoo.

"Doing what?" Jisoo said nonchalantly.

"You tricked me."

"I didn't."

"Why are you taking me home when I said I wanted to take you home?"

Jisoo let out a loud sighed, she looked to Jennie with a tired look, "Why does it even matter?" she said coldly.

"What?" Jennie didn't understand.

"Why does it even matter for you to take me home?" Jisoo's voice was still cold. Jennie hated it.

"I just want to." Jennie said after a brief silence.

"And I don't want to." Jisoo stroke her words sharply.

Jennie looked at her in unbelief. How dare she is? She felt a pinch on her chest. Why is she like this? Suddenly the memory of the last night at the basecamp flooded her mind. She tried to calm herself down.

They fell into complete silent. Jisoo drove with a faster speed than the usual.

"You drive too fast."

"I know." She didn't bother to decrease her speed.

"If it doesn't matter," Jennie said finally, trying so hard to control her voice, "Why are you taking me home?"

Jisoo was startled. She didn't expect the question, "I am taking you home as..." she stopped herself, she wanted to say 'as a friend', but she realized she wasn't a friend for Jennie. She felt pain flooded her chest. She's not even a driver for her today.

"I am taking you home as a way to thank you.." she said finally, "for helping me today."

"Is that it? It's a payback? Give and take? Is that all for you?" There was a hint of hurt in Jennie's voice.

"I am not your driver today." Jisoo said.

"That's not what I meant." Jennie's voice was high from frustration.

"Then what?" Jisoo couldn't control herself anymore, she tried to be calm this far, but she couldn't anymore, "As what? I am not a friend." she said with the same hurt in her voice.

"Is that how do you think I've treated you this summer? As a nobody? And do you think that's the reason I stopped by today? So that you can pay me back?" there was a desperation in Jennie's voice.

"I am your driver. I act as your driver."

"So all this time you accompany me... as my driver?" Jennie didn't know that her own words could hit herself this hard. She remembered how she took Jisoo for breakfast, how they strolled around the park and the busy neighborhood of Hongdae. So all this time she wasn't enjoying my company? She just did it because I made her to do it? She felt her head was spinning, she couldn't take it.

Jisoo paused for a moment, the speed was still high. She knew she had hurt Jennie there but she didn't know what else to say. Isn't it what she wants?

"I don't see any other reason." she said coldly, she increased the speed.

Jennie couldn't move, then she saw it all clearly.

"Is that why you're being polite to me during your working hours?" she said almost whispering, "but then you completely ignored me all the time today? Because it's not your working hour? So you don't need to treat me right?"

Jisoo was silent.

"I didn't ask you to come." she finally said.

"Excuse me?" Jennie couldn't believe what she just heard.

"I didn't ask you to come. You shouldn't have done it. In fact, you shouldn't even have asked me to accompany you during breakfast or take me for an ice cream. Or called my dad as father."

It felt like Jisoo's words hit Jennie hard, so all this time she put up with me out of obligation? Her heart was shattered to pieces. So this is who I am for her, someone she has to drive and tolerate because of work...

They arrived at Jennie's home. They sat in silence.

"Fine. Be here tomorrow at 8 PM. As my driver." Jennie said coldly.

She went out the car and go inside her house. If that's what you want, fine. I will treat you as a driver...

***