The regret

"I want her to be happy, Lisa.. but I keep hurting her."

They were in Jisoo's room. It was 5 in the morning but seemed like Jisoo hadn't had her sleep yet. She told Lisa everything about the night.

"She- she was thinking about him when we were in the car... I can tell," Jisoo halted, trying to gain control of her voice, "I knew she wasn't mine yet, but... It hurt me, Lisa. It hurt me badly..."

Since it was winter, sunrise wouldn't come anytime soon. The rooms of their hearts would be engulfed by the darkness longer than they wanted it to.

"I don't know what it is between them, but.. how can I let myself standing in between? I wish I can do it... I convinced myself that I could do it. I want her that bad. I was so close, I said to myself, I had to get her whatever the cost... But I just can't. She's too precious, too precious to me... I can't just ignore that she has her options, that she..." it took Jisoo all her strength to admit, "that she probably can do better."

Now that Jisoo ended her monologue, the picture of Jisoo's jewelry box sitting alone in the car lingered in Lisa's memory.

She was supposed to hand it to Jennie. Lisa could only imagine how she might feel when she left the box there like it was nothing. While it was everything to her.

Her bestfriend's pain must be searing, so she swallowed her own tears, trying to hold it back.