Careful with my heart

The next morning Jisoo woke up early, her dad had already prepared breakfast. She originally planned to skip breakfast since Jennie wanted to meet at 8 in the morning; but since her dad was there, she sat down and enjoyed the meal with him.

"Are you going already?"

"Yes. I have a plan with a friend."

"Why so early?"

"I don't know. I initially asked to meet in the afternoon but I guess my friend only has time in the morning..."

"A date?"

"A what? No dad!"

"Are you going out with Taehyung?"

"Why him? No. He's a friend. I am going out with Jennie; she's... well she's a friend too."

"Bring the girl home when you're ready okay. I want to meet her."

"Dad??"

Her dad laughed, "By how you reacted, people will think that there's something between you and this Jennie."

"Okay I'm leaving. Bye!" Jisoo finished her meal and gave her dad a kiss. She hurriedly went to the bus stop to catch the scheduled bus. Jennie refused Jisoo's offer to pick her up at her house, it was too far she said; she wanted to meet at Jisoo's apartment instead to save her from trouble.

She arrived at quarter past 8 and she was about to text Jennie when she suddenly heard a loud and long sound of a car horn.

It was Jennie.

She went out of her car and threw a smile at startled Jisoo; she handed the car keys to her without saying a word and went to the passenger seat.

Jisoo went to the driver's seat and took her time to let her heartbeat rhythm slowed down. She thought it raced because of the the car horn until she looked at Jennie and saw her beaming gummy smile.

"Why are you smiling like that after such a devilish act you just did to me."

"I'm wearing the smile you gave me."

Jisoo started the car, "No, I didn't give you that smile. You stole it from me."

"Oh come on Jisoo," Jennie said melodiously, "It's not like this is the first time I honk at you. You should've got used to it."

"My heart skipped a beat every time you do it."

"Do what? Smiling at you like this?"

Jisoo glanced at Jennie; she was still smiling like a baby.

Jisoo ignored the question since she didn't know how to answer, "Please be careful with my heart. It's precious and fragile."

"I thought I am precious and fragile."

"And so were the goods I delivered to JNK hotel."

Jennie paused, "Okay. I will be careful with your heart."

"Good. Stop honking at me."

"Not that one. But I will be careful with your heart." Jennie chuckled.

"So where are we going to?"

"Breakfast first. The usual place we always go."

"Kay, miss Kim."

***