Jisoo brave era

Rose texted Jisoo a few days later after their meeting:

Jisoo texted Jennie:

***

***

"I gotta go."

Jisoo scooped all the papers and grabbed her books, hurriedly she put them inside her backpack.

"You okay?" Lisa asked.

"I need to go somewhere, can I borrow your car?"

"Sure."

"Babe, what happened?" Soojoo asked.

Jisoo ignored her and ran towards the door while shouting, "Lisa, please get your car later at JNK!"

"Uh ok?"

"It's Jennifer again," Soojoo laughed; and they got back to their books.

***

Jisoo tried to call Jennie but she didn't pick up the calls. The traffic was bad at this hour; Jisoo checked the time, 15 minutes had passed.

When she finally arrived at JNK Tower, it was already dark. Jisoo hurriedly went to the front desk to find Jennie whereabouts.

"Good afternoon, I'm here to see Miss Jennie Kim," said Jisoo as calm as possible.

"Miss Kim is currently having a meeting on the 12th floor."

"Can I please see her? Thank you."

"Miss Kim said she is not to be disturbed," the receptionist smiled politely.

"Uhm.." Jisoo lift up her backpack, "Miss Kim asked me to bring her some important documents. She said she needed it for the meeting."

"Sure, we will deliver the documents for you."

"I'm sorry, I have to deliver it myself. The documents are confidential," Jisoo checked the time and said with such an urgency, "We're currently wasting her time."

The receptionist was hesitant for a moment before she finally said, "Ok, Miss Kim Jisoo, here is your access card and our security will usher you. This way please."

***

Jisoo followed the security guard through the rows of empty cubicles on the 12th floor. They arrived at something that looked like a meeting room; the security guard knocked on the glass door.

"Miss Kim. This is from the front desk."

"Come in," Jisoo heard Jennie's voice from inside the room.

The security guard opened the door and Jisoo saw Jennie and Kai at each end of the long table. Papers scattered all over the table.

"Miss Kim, your documents are here."

"Documents?" Jennie was writing something on a paper but then she looked up to the door and found Jisoo was there, standing while hugging her backpack.

Jisoo???

Meanwhile Jisoo was looking at Kai like they were having some kind of staring competition.

"The lady brings you the documents you asked for."

"Ah sure, yes. You can leave," Jennie said to the security, "Thank you."

***

As soon as the security left, Jennie got up from her seat and invited Jisoo in, "Jisoo what are you doing here?"

"I told you I would fetch you." Jisoo's eyes were still fixed on Kai.

"Well well well... Look who's here," Kai sat there with a mocking grin on her face, he played with a pen in his hand, "So is this the person that manipulated you into terminating a legal contract?"

"She knows nothing about it."

"How funny eh?" Jisoo let out a chuckle, "I wonder who actually the manipulator is."

Kai got up from his seat, a wide grin hadn't left his face.

"She's not terminating any contract today," Jisoo shifted her gaze to Jennie, she used a softer voice this time, "Come on, I will take you home."

Kai got up from his seat and came closer to the girls, "That's right, she's not terminating any contract today, but she's going nowhere with you."

Jisoo pretended that she heard nothing. She collected Jennie's belongings and put them into her handbag. She grabbed Jennie's hand, "Let's go."

Kai also grabbed Jennie's wrist and Jisoo spontaneously dropped their bags and pushed Kai away. She pushed him hard that his body knocked the table.

"You stay away from her!"

Kai was taken aback, his smile disappeared at once, he raised his voice, "Who the fuck are you? Who the fuck are you to order me and her around?"

"She's my girlfriend. You stay away from her."

Instead of rising her voice, Jisoo hissed the words clearly and slowly. Jisoo grabbed Jennie's wrist and put the girl behind her.

"If I see you lay hands on her one more time, I will destroy you and your family." Jisoo warned.

Kai chuckled, "Huh? Really? What you gonna do, poor girl? You're nothing special."

"Kai, stop it." Jennie demanded.

"Is this your girlfriend, Jennie? I thought you could do better after me. Such a shame."

"You know what is actually shameful? Someone who felt threatened by a so called poor and ordinary girl that he had to manipulate his way to win the ex he cheated on," Jisoo looked at him with a pity, "Do whatever you need to do in this project you have with Jennie's company. But if I see you touch her or stalk her or anywhere close to her, I will destroy you."

Jisoo picked up the bags on the floor and took her girl out of the room.

***

Only after they were outside, Jisoo finally let go off Jennie's hand.

"Jisoo what was that? And why are you here?"

"Have you terminated the contract?"

"I was about to sign the documents when you came, we didn't reach an agreement so I pulled a unilateral decision and..."

"So you haven't?"

Jennie shook her head, "No, I haven't."

"Thank God," Jisoo let out a sigh of relief and walked towards the valet service to get their car, "Let's get out of here."

***