What friends can't do

Jisoo and Lisa dropped Dalgom at Jisoo's house and then they went out for lunch. They were talking about Jisoo's last talk with Jennie.

"So, Jennie forgave you on the spot?"

"She did. It was rather an easy conversation. I didn't expect that, I thought she'd be super mad at me."

"Jisoo, she's whipped for you!" Lisa exclaimed in her eureka moment.

"What does it mean?"

"It means she likes you a lot. Are you now girlfriends?"

Jisoo was choked, "What are you talking about?? Omg you're so dumb!"

"No, dumbass! Listen to me. You said she cried when you said you felt unwanted, right?"

"Right..."

"And she didn't even ask you crazy questions. She just saw your dumb miserable face and listened to your dumb excuses and voila... you were forgiven. Without drama. I expect at least she threw you to the water and forgave you only after you found dead."

"You were right. No drama..." Jisoo thought about it for a second.

"I mean, it was pretty obvious when she took care of you when you were sick. Like what the fuck was that? You guys just had a heavy fight; let's not forget that she cried that night and she fired you. But when you were sick, she came to you and spent the night to feed your stubborn ass and she even cooked for you? Either she's dumb or she's whipped. Nothing in between."

"Wouldn't you do the same for me?"

"I would. But it's different. We've been friends for our entire life."

"Doesn't mean anything to me. You over analyzing it." but Jisoo couldn't help but to think what if it was true...

"I have thousands of reason to get into that conclusion. Also the fact that she cried last year was because you said you didn't want her," Lisa was howling, "LMAO that was so obvious. Why didn't you kiss her yesterday, you're so petty."

"Are you kidding me??" Jisoo felt a hot flush on her cheeks.

"You've never had this desire to kiss her?" Lisa asked lightly.

Jisoo felt so exposed. She remembered that she was staring at Jennie's lips and the thought of tasting them indeed crossed her mind that moment.

"We're friends." Jisoo stated, her voice wasn't convincing.

"Your loss. Friends can't do much. Friends wouldn't touch each other's hand just because they feel like it. Also they wouldn't kiss each other. Just saying."

Lisa let Jisoo think about it for a while. Jisoo pondered on it as she silently ate her meal. Just a thought of doing those things had awaken something inside her. She remembered how electrifying it was when they were sitting close to each other by the river bank, when Jennie's finger softly caressing hers. The desire was there but she let it dormant.

But does Jennie want her? What does she want from her? What's there about her that Jennie wants if there's any? All these questions led Jisoo to think that friendship is the safest bet she can take. All she knew that she didn't want to lose Jennie again.

"Oh the things that I will do with Rosé but you can't relate with Jennie. I've made it clear to Rosé, I don't want to be just a friend." Lisa said proudly.

"Good for you." Jisoo said flatly.

"You didn't ask Jennie to go out tonight?"

"She asked me to rest today."

"Then ask her out later this week or next week."

"Okay..." Jisoo replied, unsure.

"Don't leave it cold, Jisoo. Jennie must has a lot of fans lining up. Take your chance while it's hot."

"What you're talking about, we're friends."

"Well, let's see how long you'll stay friends. Either your feelings for her will grow or they will die. Learning from last year, you're still keeping your feelings to her until now." Lisa said in a serious tone.

Jisoo didn't respond. The way she'd been missing Jennie all this year said it all. She had to admit, their fight was triggered by her uncontainable feelings towards Jennie because they saw each other everyday. And now that they became friends, she wanted to see her everyday.

"Jisoo... My Jisoo..." Lisa smiled knowingly.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because I'm gay and gay people can't keep a straight face."

Jisoo threw a lump of rice to her face and Lisa smacked Jisoo's head with her chopsticks. And that was how they enjoyed their lunch.

***