Cryptic Language

A few hours later, Jennie and Rosé had completed their spa treatment and they were now heading to the hotel's restaurant for lunch.

"Jennie, you look tragic after the spa," Rosé said, "Don't you feel energized after the relaxing treatment?"

"The massage was awful." Jennie complained.

"The massage was okay for me," Rosé paused, "Maybe you weren't okay by the fact that Jisoo went to Taehyung's house..."

"What? No!" Jennie looked at Rosé who was smiling slyly. She stomped her way to the restaurant's table and sat there with her arms crossed.

"Don't worry, Jen. Lisa just texted me that they're now having lunch. Jisoo escaped his house safe and sound."

"Ugh."

Rosé giggled, "Let's order."

                    ***

"So... tell me how it was with Jisoo yesterday."

Jennie's cheeks were suddenly flushed, it was kinda hot there. The massage was bad and now the air conditioner system in the restaurant is bad. Maybe I need to say something to the management...

"Well... Jisoo and I talked about what happened last year and last Sunday..." Jennie said, acting nonchalant.

"Wow, you both talked like adults?"

"Rosie, stop teasing me! And yes... We talked properly like adults. And..." Jennie tried to hide her smile, "We are now friends."

"Wait... A... Second. Just friends???"

Jennie suddenly felt embarrassed, "Yes. Friends." she said with a small voice.

Rosé laughed out loud, "OMG Jennie tell me everything."

Jennie told Rosé everything over their lunch, she mentioned how Jisoo was devastated. She also mentioned that Jisoo was aware that she had probably said something to Jennie when she was delirious.

"You guys are so cute together." Rosé looked at Jennie with adoration, "My little baby friend, now you've got what you wanted."

"But you know..." Jennie put out her words carefully, "The thing is, Jisoo always said the sweetest things to me indirectly."

"What do you mean?"

A flush creeped across Jennie's cheeks, then she said "I mean... She repeatedly said things about wanting. like she was apologizing for wanting; she also said she was protecting herself from wanting me..."

Jennie cleared her throat and pretended to laugh it off, "...and when I told her that last year she said she didn't want me; she said 'she wanted the opposite'."

"That means she wanted you that night, right?"

Jennie winced as she tried to suppress her smile, "I don't know. She didn't say that exactly..."

"Why can't she just say 'Jennie I want you'?"

"Exactly, right?" Jennie drank her water aggressively, "Not that I care tho..."

"This is so interesting..."

"And remember when I told you she was delirious?"

"Yes? She held your hand and said she missed you. Did she remember that?"

"That's the thing! Yesterday she told me that whatever she said to me in her delirium; she meant it; that it was real."

Rosé almost screamed, "OMG! Does it mean she admitted that she missed you? OMG this is so romantic."

"Do you think so?" Jennie asked shyly.

"Yes. But why didn't she say it directly to you, 'Jennie I've missed you'?"

"She's so annoying."

"Why is she speaking using the cryptic language."

"Not that I care tho..."

"Did she make a move on you?"

"She... slightly moved to sit closer to me when we were at the river bank."

"She didn't touch your hand or something?"

"No..." Jennie then continued, "But our pinkies were touching."

Rosé was laughing her ass off because how the hell Jisoo made the Jennie Kim falling for her, bragging for a little stupid thing like touching pinkies.

"Well, I'm disappointed at you, Jisoo..."

"Rosie...."

"Lol just kidding. But why were you guys ended up as friends only?"

"She wanted to be friends." Jennie was annoyed.

Rosé looked at Jennie who was now looking uncertain, "Well, from what I saw when she grabbed you away from Zico, she was acting as if she was more than a friend. Just saying."

Jennie was blushing.

"Don't you think what she did was hot?" Rosé teasing Jennie, "grabbing you by the wrist and dragging you away to come home with her!"

"Ugh..."

"Don't worry, Jen. Maybe she just needs time."

Jennie looked at Rosé, wanted to ask her to elaborate more but her pride stopped her.

"That was why I told you to be patient with her pace. She looks clueless. She might need time to process everything." Rosé smiled at Jennie.

Jennie smiled back at her. Patience wasn't Jennie's strongest attribute, but she was willing to wait- for she had already known what she got herself into.
                    ***