The day

This morning felt too cheerful for Jisoo's gloomy mood. The weather was nice and the sky was clear. Dalgom was exceptionally sweet today. The world is conspiring against me, Jisoo sighed. Today was the day of the presentation and that meant, the freshmen group project would be officially ended this afternoon.

She took the 8 am bus. She was tired already; her shoulders were sore, her back was in pain; but somehow she felt numb inside. She read the group chat, Irene was busy coordinating with the teams. Jennie was nowhere to be found in the group chat. Their job was done yesterday, they had no more to coordinate with unless the other teams needed help.

- Jennie you there? Irene typed.

Jisoo straightened her back. Suddenly her back pain was gone just like that.

- Irene, yes. Jennie replied.

She replied fast, Jisoo murmured to herself. She's online and has been observing the chat all this time.

- Do we need to empty the basecamp at mid day? 😬 asked Irene.

- No, don't worry. I booked the room till tomorrow. I've predicted we'll be too busy to pack everything up by noon. Jennie replied.

Jisoo felt stupid right now as she stared intensely to a random group chat. She reread the conversation over and over as if the the hidden letters would appear out of nowhere!

***
Jisoo went to her team booth. She saw Jun, Mina, Sihyeon and Vivi were already there. Jisoo ran with small steps to them and offered them her best smile.

"Hey kiddo!" Jun greeted her with a big smile and they all exchanged greetings.

"Hi everyone!" Jisoo waved to them, "Is there anything I can help you with?" Jisoo offered.

"Nah, don't worry we got this! We were quite jobless during the preparation period," Sihyeon giggled, "Now it's time for us to unleash!" she said dramatically.

"Fighting logistics and marketing!" Jisoo gave a various awkward cheerleader's movement to them.

They were all bursting into laughter.

"Jisoo you're weird but surely you're one of the funniest person I've met." Vivi said, trying to catch her breath.

Jisoo felt a sudden change of atmosphere, why is it suddenly cold, she thought.

"Hey Jennie," Mina waved and smiled to the person behind Jisoo.