Fired

They were sitting by the river bank for quite some time when Jennie realized that Jisoo looked cold from the wind.

"Are you okay? Do you want to go home now?" She whispered to Jisoo. They were sitting closely side by side, they could almost hear each other's breath.

Jisoo turned her head to Jennie, Jennie's face was just within her reach. Jisoo's eyes slowly crawled from her eyes to her lips; they looked moist and plump.

"No." Jisoo said to herself, she turned her head back to the river.

"No?"

"Excuse me?"

"You don't want to go home yet?" Jennie repeated her question. Her pinky slightly moved and it caressed Jisoo's.

"No, not yet." Jisoo replied, she sounded breathy.

"But you look cold." Jennie was still staring at her, "Let's go home."

Jisoo didn't move, she pretended she didn't hear Jennie. She wanted to be here with her just for another minute.

"Come on I will drive you home."

"No I will drive you home." Jisoo repiled.

"Are we gonna argue about this, Jisoo? You're not in a good condition. Besides, I fired you, remember."

Jisoo quickly turned her head to Jennie, she saw her smiling and her gummy was showing. She was teasing her.

"Did you really fire me?" Jisoo looked so disappointed.

"Yesss..." Jennie was still smiling.

"I thought we are now in good terms?"

"We are, but I've decided I don't want a driver anymore."

"You don't like me as your driver?" Jisoo protested, must protect my job!

"I've decided I don't want you as my driver anymore," Jennie paused, "I want you as..."

Jennie didn't continue her sentence and gave Jisoo a teasing look but Jisoo was oblivious she didn't get the clue.

"So how am I gonna see you everyday?" Jisoo blurted out, she didn't like this.

"If you want to see me, then ask me out, dummy!" Jennie said slyly and she walked to her car. Jisoo was trailing behind her,

"Where do you wanna go Jennie? Jennie?"

***

"Jennie, give me the car keys."

"What you're gonna do? Drive me home and then go home by yourself in that condition?" Jennie walked to the driver's seat.

"I am feeling okay." Jisoo stayed her ground stubbornly.

"You're not. Get in, Jisoo, or I will leave you alone here." Jennie blew the horn and Jisoo was startled, she jumped and she heard Jennie was laughing at her from inside the car. She dragged her feet to the passenger seat and pouted.

"Just like the old time." Jennie started the car cheerfully and drove her way to Jisoo's apartment.

***