The ghost of Jennie

Throughout the night, it was hard for Jennie to remove her hand from Jisoo's grip; looked like Jisoo found comfort in her hand. She became possessive of it, as if holding Jennie's hand was her ultimate rights. Not that Jennie had any objections about it though. She enjoyed it.

She enjoyed that Jisoo became needy to her, she enjoyed all the things she said to her in her delirium. All the things she wouldn't do and say when she was all aware and conscious.

She felt all type of Jisoo's emotions in her grip. Jennie found Jisoo being protective and needy. Jennie learned about her desire and her affection. Jisoo caressed her hand gently once a while and every time she did it, it aroused the butterflies in her stomach. They went wild. The sensation consumed her strongly for all the tension she'd been suppressing all this time now found it's way out.

Did she really mean it when she said she miss me? Jennie was blushing, she smiled shyly. Ugh why is she so annoying? She ignored me, she kept her distance from me, she hurt me, not even a single move whatsoever all this time; and here she is... laying down sick and suddenly things get overwhelming.

Jennie set an alarm for Jisoo's next medicines intake on her phone. She rested her head on the side of Jisoo's bed, her right hand stretched out to Jisoo's grip. She closed her eyes, felt the warmth of her grip. Jennie wanted Jisoo to recover soon. Rosie was right, we do need a proper talk.

This time, Jennie promised herself, she wouldn't say things that she didn't mean. She would say it matters when it matters; and she hoped Jisoo would too.

***
Jennie woke up at the sound of her alarm, it was 4 AM. Jennie gently removed her hand from Jisoo's grip, she suddenly felt hollow. The room was turning cold.

She looked at Jisoo who was still sleeping and touched her forehead; she could feel her getting better. She went to the kitchen and prepared the remedy tea and a glass of water. She brought them to Jisoo and woke her up.

***
Jisoo... Jisoo...

Jisoo heard a familiar voice calling her name. She moved her left hand, searching for something. It felt empty, like something was taken away from her.

"Can you hear me?"

Jennie?

Her head was heavy. She opened her eyes slowly.

"Jisoo, can you wake up? You need to take your medicines."

Jisoo turned her head to the source of the voice, she saw Jennie. She felt her body burning hot, she remembered she had a fever. Am I delirious? She'd been hearing Jennie's voice in her sleep. And now, it felt like Jennie was there with her.

"Jennie?" her voice came hoarse.

She sat up and rested her back against the wall. She studied the shadow in front of her, gosh it looks like Jennie. She felt a sudden pain in her heart. She missed her.

She let the shadow gave her water to drink and some bitter pills to swallow. This is sweet, she thought. She studied her hand. She wanted it, so she reached for it and pulled it closer to her. She saw the shadow, who looked a lot like Jennie, was blushing. Her hand feels cold in her feverish hand. She squeezed it lightly to give it warmth.

"Uhm.. you can lay down again..." said the shadow.

She obeyed the shadow. She laid down on her bed and stared at the person in front of her. Is that Jennie? She wanted it to be Jennie so bad.

She wanted to keep staring at her, but her eyes felt so heavy after she took the medicine.

"I miss you." she said to the shadow. She felt like a heavy burden was lifted from her chest; for she didn't have the courage to say the thing she wanted to say the most in front of Jennie herself.

She didn't care if she was hallucinating. She didn't care if she was talking to herself. It felt real. She let herself cherish the moment until she'd finally fallen asleep.

***