Yeri, Jisoo and Jennie

Her birthday was getting closer, Jennie finally decided to stop texting Jisoo. She was exhausted. All her days were filled with tears and anger, who would've thought a simple girl from a small neighborhood could inflict such a sharp pain just by thinking about her. Jennie was feeling empty and she had reached her limit.

She laid down on her bed, it stung to close her eyes. Tears coming down just like that and her chest felt like it was stabbed repeatedly. Over and over. Like a child she was sobbing, how could she end up like this? Rosé told her that she didn't even cry when she broke up with Kai. It was true. She remembered that she was so angry and upset and jealous; but his betrayal didn't hurt her heart like it hurt her pride.

This girl, Jisoo, gave her a divine yearning, unexplainable happiness and what came with them was also a deep pain; ever since day one. Jisoo made her cry once and she made her cry again because she desperately wanted her even after it all. Why is it so hard to have her in my arms?

Her mind went back to when she saw Jisoo and Yeri under the mistletoe. Her jealousy was rekindled. There was something about Yeri. She wasn't quite like Soojoo, or even Taehyung. Yeri had this sincere, shy-like smile. She was plain and that was exactly her charm; a charm that probably no one could resist.

Yeri probably smelt like vanilla and she probably never talked back to people or hurt anyone with her words. Wasn't it what everyone always said? That you should be a complementary to your partner?

Her chest was burning, Jennie thought about the possibility of Jisoo finally saw it in Yeri. No... She didn't even know her name... Jennie looked at her phone desperately, trying to find out if Jisoo went out with Yeri again today. It was what she feared the most.

She didn't want to admit it, but Jennie could sense it. Sooner or later, given the opportunity, Jisoo would definitely discover that Yeri was a better match for her. Jisoo probably would appreciate someone who would willingly listen to her; someone sweet who would never hurt her like she did. Someone that belonged to the same world.

Is this how Jisoo feel about me and Kai? Did she take a step back because she felt like he was a better choice for me? But didn't she want me? Doesn't she still want me?

Jennie stared at the text messages that Jisoo abandoned. Surely Yeri's Christmas cookies taste sweet after reading my messages... A sharp pang of longing hit her; and once again, Jennie found herself lost in the ocean of bitterness.

Yeri texted Jisoo: