What if

It was only three weeks into college but these three weeks had done something to Jennie. Rosé tried to talk to her about what happened that night, but it seemed like Jennie had decided that nothing had happened.

Jennie acted like it was just a slipping moment for her, she cried because she was overwhelmed by their new college life. Jennie been doing well in her study, they went out with friends on weekends and sometimes when it wasn't a busy week, they attended a party on midweek. She flirted with boys and girls, being her usual self. So far, it felt like they were living their college life like how it supposed to be.

But there were small things that had changed. Jennie had decided that she needed a driver, but she hated all the drivers that the company had given her. As if you can drive better than any of them, Jennie, Rosé thought. Rosé also found that Jennie now easily got irritated by people that tried to get close to her. They're not funny enough, they talk too much about how successful their families are, even as ridiculous as she doesn't like the shape of their lips.

However, the most questionable thing that Jennie did was with this Zico dude in their Academic Writing class. Jennie rarely replied to his text and sometimes got annoyed by his calls. But Jennie was a different person in the class, they acted like lovebirds. Jennie would smile or laugh even at the stupidest thing Zico said.

Rosé knew what Jennie was actually doing. She saw the way Jennie looked at Taehyung, it's like she wants to lock the boy inside a locker and shut his mouth with duck tapes every time she sees him. Taehyung was literally just breathing, but he was breathing beside Jisoo and that pissed Jennie off.

For Rosé herself, it was now hard to adjust her life after what happened between her and Lisa that night. She realized that she missed having a conversation with her. She missed the way Lisa looked at her. She missed Lisa made fun of her accent.

Rosé had this thought that, maybe two weeks is indeed too fast. Maybe in another time, with slower pace, with their more mature selves; maybe everything could work. But she wasn't sure if things could be fixed. And it created a pang of longing inside her every time she saw Lisa in the class.

***