Porridge

Jennie read the text from Taehyung

Jisoo is sick.

She felt her stomach turn. So that was why she didn't come or text her this morning.

Jisoo had been coming to her house these past few days. She came like her usual working hour, Jennie hated it, Does she come as my fucking driver again? Is that why it's always 8 in the morning?

She never replied to any of Jisoo's text but she secretly watched her from her window. She saw her waiting for hours under the sun. Jisoo usually took her lunch with her and have it at around 12. She would go home at around 5. Sometimes Jisoo would look to the windows, trying to find her. Her face was gloomy, she looked miserable. Every time she saw Jisoo's face, she wanted to run to her, wanted to take her for a walk like nothing happened. Or maybe just to tell her that she hates her. Or maybe just to be with her in silence again. Anything to get close to her.

She looked on her phone screen again, it's half past five. She hadn't replied to Taehyung's message yet.

Why should I care?

It's probably nothing, she will be okay again tonight, won't she?

But then she went downstairs to her kitchen and start making porridge and chicken ginseng soup. She took a thermal-insulated lunch boxes and put the hot porridge and the soup there. She prepared a remedy tea and poured it to the thermos.

She got her car ready and drove to Jisoo's apartment.