Stylist Noona Pt 83 (Meet the Parents)(mostly fluff, mild angst)

"Relax baby. It will be okay."

"Okay!?! You think it will be okay?" You yell back to Taehyung who is lounging on your bed as you frantically sort through your closet full of dresses. "They'll be here at 6 tomorrow, the meat is barely thawed enough, I don't know what to wear, and- and-"

You clutch a dress suddenly finding yourself staring at Taehyung, not entirely sure when you migrated out of the closet.

Looking around at the floor, you survey the piles of dresses that just weren't right, strewn about.

You've come to the conclusion that you have way too many slutty club dresses. Which probably isn't true, but right now, you're in crisis and everything fucking sucks.

"The meat will thaw overnight, and all day tomorrow, don't think about that right now." Tae hops up coming over to cup your face and distract you from the enormous mess you've made. "What kind of dress are you thinking of? What would be ideal? What would make you comfortable tomorrow?"

"Tae i-i dunno." It feels hopeless, it seems like you've combed the closet and come up empty handed. "It's 12 already, you should go to bed anyhow. You know it took me 5 hours to decide what we were gonna eat tomorrow. This is going to take me all night."

"I don't care, I'll stay up all night, if I have to. Sit." He points to the bed and you do as he says. "Now, how long would you like the skirt.?"

"I guess at least at my knee would be a start, longer would be better." You're skeptical that this strategy will work, but at this point it's worth a shot.

"Okay assuming, the dresses on the floor aren't knee length, I've found all of the longer dresses." He calls out to you. "What neckline would you prefer? Keep in mind you can always layer a t-shirt underneath."

"Neckline doesn't really matter, but I guess, just nothing plunging or off the shoulders."

"Okay, down to 7 options. Any fabric or color preferences?"

"No sequins, nothing metallic please." This technique is starting to grow on you, it's like having a personal stylist.

"Done. Tight, tailored, or loose?"

"Not tight. Definitely not."

"What?" He pokes his head out of the door. "Don't want to show our parents your amazing body just yet?"

"Well, maybe if it was as amazing as you think, but no." You smile dubiously.

"Hey, your body is amazing and you know it." He walks back into the closet, as he speaks. "Besides, it may very well carry our baby, one day. So yes, it is amazing."

"Well I have to survive tomorrow with all of your parents tomorrow first." You can't help but feel a bit happy with the mention of carrying Taehyung's child someday.

"Yes right! So no tight dresses, that takes us down to 4 options. Want to see them?"

"Yea, why not." You pop up, to join Tae in the closet, feeling much more hopeful than when you sat down.

He shows you the four dresses left after narrowing down the options. The first is an old retro 50's or 60's style. White, with small black polkadots, fitted in the top with an almost pencil skirt to the knee. It's nice but a bit formal, and also what you wore with a blazer for your SM interview, so obviously it's out.

The next dress is a very long button down chambray, with a tie at the waist, and cute little flutter sleeves. It comes to the middle of your shins, and it's sweet looking, not what parents might assume you'd wear, considering you screw all 7 of their sons on the regular.