Stylist Noona Pt 38 (Laser Tag) (fluff and short smut)

You stare at his hand a minute, but even though you were cheered up, you still feel like something is nagging at the back of your mind.

"No, I still need a minute, and I feel kinda gross, I might shower." You say swiping your hand under each eye, coming away with black mascara residue from crying.

"Okay, I think we are leaving in an hour-ish so, if you need anything I'Il be here till then, even if I don't see you before we go, you know i'm just a text away." Yoongi closes the gap between you and folds you into a hug, pressing his lips to your forehead.

"Thank you Yoongi, I'll be okay, don't worry."

"You know I'm going to worry no matter what, right?" He tucks a piece of hair behind your ear, kissing both cheeks.

"I know... now go so I can shower!" You push him away playfully.

"Okay, okay I'm going."

He leaves you to your business, and you lock the bathroom door behind you, flicking on the shower filling the room with hot steam.

*knock knock knock*

It comes just before you step into the stream.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"It's Namjoon, I just wanted to make sure you're okay." You can barely hear his muffled voice over the water. You crack the door, letting steam escape, just enough to peak your head out and not show your body.

"Yea I'm okay, Yoongi helped a lot, but there's a bit I'm still confused about."

"Oh I meant because you spilled coffee, you didn't get burnt right?" He rubs the back of his neck flustered from the misunderstanding.

"Oh! No, I didn't get hurt, I'm okay..." You give a half smile as it's getting awkward speaking through a cracked door.

"Good!.......... Do you wanna talk about it though? What you are confused about, I mean."

"Oh uhm yea okay, just a sec." You shut the door and turn off the shower, and grab a towel to wrap around yourself.

"Okay," You open the door and take a seat on the bed, and Joon joins you. You fill him in on why you felt weird earlier, and when it started, you even tell him everything Yoongi helped you understand. "-but I thought he was going to say it then he didn't and it really threw me off, I don't know why."

"Well maybe we should start with asking yourself why you expected him to say it. Some of us aren't as fast at moving forward as some of the others are. I know Yoongi said I love you really early on, and that's okay, I don't think it means any less because it was early." Namjoon continues, "But I know for myself, I feel it but I want the moment to be right before I actually say it."

"So Jin just isn't ready?" you mutter to yourself, but loud enough for Joon to hear. "I mean I could guess that, we haven't been able to spend much time together..."

"From what you told me about your date yesterday, I think he was about to say it and choked at the last minute." Namjoon reassures you that all is in fact not lost. "Just give him a little time. Or maybe you'll have to be the one to say it first. "

It hadn't even crossed your mind to be the one to take that next step, and now just imagining it, you understand why Jin couldn't in the moment. Its nerve wracking, facing the idea that even though you might confess love to someone they might not return that love.

"I suddenly understand a lot more now." You look Namjoon in the eyes and he meets you with a sympathetic smile. "Thanks Joonie, I'm glad you came up, even if it wasn't for this."