Stylist Noona Pt 86 (Can't Hurt to Try) (Intro to 8-some)

"Yeah it's tomorrow." You confirm, taking a few more perilla leaves onto your plate. "We should try to decide before then."

The others nod passively and chew their barbecued meat. Family dinner has been very quiet tonight, it almost reminds you of when they were having those day long practices. But there's a slight tension in the air that those dinners did not have.

"Well," Jin sighs, "You know how I feel, princess, but it's your body, you should be the final decision maker."

"I know but it's not just going to affect me, you guys all deserve say in the matter."

"You're right, a baby is a huge responsibility and it would be nice to have a child of our own, but we're not going to make you take on all of that work alone." Jimin gives you a smile, as he reaches across the table for the water. "But it really is your choice, we will support whatever you decide."

You're reminded how much each of you has grown, yet again, and hearing that reassurement from Jimin, the one who might have been the least sure of everything, has really bolstered your courage.

"I- I know how I feel, and what I want, but I still really want to hear what all of you think." You appreciate their support for whatever you decide, but they have every right to give their thoughts and opinions.

"You know I would love a baby, noona." Jungkook chirps cheerfully before slurping, some more ramen.

"Are you sure? You know you'd have to compete with it for food, once they get older, right?" Jin quips at the youngest who is already reaching for thirds of the pork belly.

"I'd really love to be a father!" Tae grins with a giddiness you don't often see.

"Me too." Namjoon agrees, and he's met with a resounding wave of 'we already knew that.'

You look at Hoseok who has been much quieter than normal. He shifts uncomfortably in his seat, trying to not make prolonged eye contact with anyone in particular. He tends to get like this when the subject of offspring is brought up. The past few times the topic has been brought up, in the weeks since the meeting with Choi and Bang, it's never been fully decided if you'll have the implant removed or not, but its time. It can't wait any longer.

"Hobi?" You say quietly, hoping to draw his attention. He looks up to you with a weak smile. "How do you feel about maybe having a baby?"

"Um- i dunno..." He plays with his chopsticks nervously.

"It's okay if you don't want t-" you start to offer.

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just.. Babies are so delicate and small, and I feel like I don't know how to- to- to-" His shoulders slump as his words fail him.

"You're not alone in that, you know," Yoongi grasps his shoulder gently, "Honestly I have no idea how to take care of a baby, but with 8 of us I think we can figure it out."

"I -ave plendy of books on babies and chil -chology dat you ca- borrow, I've already rea- dem all." Joon offers through a huge bite.

"Of course you do."

You do understand Hoseok's fears, you had them too not too long ago. But every day you want a baby, a child of your own. To care for, and nurture and love. Your baby fever is at an all time high and it's not showing any signs of breaking.

"I suppose- I think I would like to be a dad," Hobi smiles softly to you, "I don't think I could ever do it on my own, buti know you guys will help."

"Yeah same," Yoongi agrees, "at least we'll have nine months to prepare.

"Okay, I think it's settled then, tomorrow when Dr. Hani comes for my check-in, I'll have her take out the implant."