Chapter 11: Important Discussion Inside a Tea Shop

"Normal speech"
'Thought'
Past narrative
"Past speech"
**********************************

There wasn't much reactions from the people inside the tea shop anymore. They simply got used to this harmless young master for the past few days.

And even gladly welcome his visit, because although he always spend his time alone on the third floor, he generously treated everyone to a cup of tea with his extra generous tip.

"Welcome, young master. I've another book ready for you as it seems you'll finish the other book soon. Shall I prepare the tea from last time?"

"Yes. Hmm, prepare 3 cups of tea today. Bring the other two later." Cale sat down at the counter to talk with Billos a little.

"What tea should I make for the other two?"

Cale grinned and told him what he wanted. He left a comment before he got up to go to the third floor. "I like the book I'm reading. I especially like the main character whose abilities are appreciated and the way he grows."

Billos was listening silently. Cale would comment on the books he read here from time to time this past few days.

Cale didn't wait to see what reaction Billos would have at his comment. He wanted to finish the book today. Cale enjoyed reading normally once in a while.

Billos followed soon after Cale sat down and read a few pages. He set the tea down in front of Cale and sat across from him.

Cale didn't lift his head to look away from the book. But he was thinking. 'I don't know much about him except that he will be the Flynn Merchant Guild Leader in the future. And from the way novel described him as a greedy person who was just trying beat his father and brother.

He wanted an acceptance from them. He wanted to make it so they had no choice but to accept him. So he was creating a situation where they have no choice but to introduce him as their son and brother.

He lives such an exhausting life. He must be feeling exhausted as well. I wanted to help speeding up the process of him becoming the guild leader. His greed made him seem more human.'

Billos had noticed that Cale is lost in his thought because the page wasn't flipping anymore. He decided to talk since Cale had stopped reading. "Young master, I've heard that you are going to head to the capital?"

Cale finished his thought when he saw that Billos decided to talk. He pretended to be annoyed anyway. It's a reflexive reactions towards people that wasn't family.

"Why are you still here? Are you that free?" Cale took a sip at the tea that had cooled down a little.

Billos smiled a little at the cute little act. He had interacted with the young master for quite a bit, so he had noticed some interesting things about this rumored trash.

He didn't mind and continued. "I will also be heading to the capital. I guess I will be following after you."

"So?" Cale focused on his book again and flipped the page, waiting for what Billos gonna say next.

"Young master, you seem to have changed to a completely different person. You're very different from your nickname." Billos tried carefully.

"Which one? Trash?" Cale had wanted to act nonchalantly, but a bitter smile appeared instead.

"Yes. That nickname, Trash. Haven't you always been a trashy young master?"

"Heh, you are so bold." Cale's bitter smile quickly turned into a faked gentle smile. "Billos"

Cale looked straight at Billos. He returned he favor. "You can't call your father 'father'. You can't call your brother 'brother'."

'Damn you. I was planning to sincerely help you but you just have to stab me where it hurts. You think that I wanted to act like a Trash, I hate the fact that I bring shame to my family name, too. If I don't stab you back a few times, I'm not Cale Henituse.'