Chapter 54: Young Master Silver Shield at the Rewarding Ceremony

A week after the birthday celebration, Cale got off the carriage. The carriage that he got off from had the Henituse Golden Turtle on it.

– It has been a while.

Cale agreed with what Raon said inside his head.

Cale was currently at the Plaza of Glory. A large fence was around the northern part of the plaza that was destroyed from the explosion.

Cale just walked forward, only looking toward his seat. The Henituse family's knight brigade, led by their Vice Captain, walked with Cale in the center of their formation in order to protect him.

As Cale was walking, he heard someone say something that gave him the chills.

"Oh, young master Silver Light!"

Cale immediately started to frown.

"Ahem, hem."

Cale could see the smirk on the Vice Captain's face as he let out some fake coughs and started to frown some more.

The Vice Captain lowered his body a bit to whisper in Cale's ear. "Young master, I guess they call you 'young master Silver Light' now. Ahem, cool people like you are bound to get awesome nicknames."

'Shit.' Cale held back the rough words in his mind. 'I can't even curse in front of these people. I need to keep the act.'

Young master Silver Light, young master Shield, he didn't want to hear such cheesy and embarrassing things. The Chosen One nickname that the God of Death gave him suddenly seemed more agreeable.

Nonetheless, Cale knew that it would have been much worse if it wasn't for the crown prince subduing the rumors, and so he could not say anything about it.

All he could do was stoically speak to the Vice Captain, who was shrugging his shoulder. "Will they stop if I drink and act like I usually do, right?"

"Ahem, hem!" The Vice Captain could not say anything and just turned away.

That made Cale start to smile, but that smile immediately disappeared.

It was because of what the Vice Captain said next. "I think it would be best if you avoided alcohol, since you are still recovering."

Cale was still officially recovering and not 100 percent. 'What would I do if they suddenly exaggerated it and the enemy wary of me? I want to keep a low profile! And that nickname isn't exactly what I intend.'

The official story was that he was injured because he used his ancient power past its intended limits so that he could protect the crowd, causing a miracle to happen that prevented the explosion.

That miraculous story naturally originated from the crown prince. That was why the staff at the Henituse residence was busy protecting the injured Cale. It was not just the staff at the capital.

Cale thought about his father, Count Deruth, who was planning on coming up to the capital a few days ago. This was what Deruth had said through the video communication.

> Cale, did you see the faces of those bastards? Your dad will kill them all for you. How dare they do such a thing to a person who cannot even swing a sword!? My poor son...

Even though Deruth knew Cale had earned an ancient power, the fact that even Cale's younger sister was better than Cale at swinging a sword made Deruth consider Cale to be weak. Furthermore, Cale always resembled his mother, looking very delicate and vulnerable.

> The reason the Henituse family does not take action is not because we are weak. Remember this, Cale. We have not taken any actions until now because we are strong. Nobody shall take any actions against you like this in the future.