Chapter 88: Calling and Scamming the Whales to Work

Cale quietly observed the people gathered in the office once they arrived at the residence. "It will not be easy this time."

Everybody other than Ron, whom Cale had sent to his room, and Beacrox, who was taking care of Ron, were present.

The three children averaging 7-years of age, Choi Han, Rosalyn, Lock, and even Vice Captain Hilsman and the ten Wolf children all quickly arrived in Cale's room.. Cale had gathered up everyone in his arsenal.

Cale had already been his usual calm and calculative self along the road. However he felt like it might be too much, but he didn't have enough information about the enemy. It was better to be over prepared.

Furthermore, he'd rather overkill all those people instead of his own people getting hurt.

Rosalyn looked toward Cale and started to speak. "Young master Cale, then are we taking a ship to Hais Island?"

"Yes. We will probably go somewhere around Hais Island 5."

Hais Island was the term for the group of islands between the Western and Eastern continent. The numbers represented the order they were discovered.

Cale's goal was Hais Island 5. It was the fifth island to be discovered, as well as the largest island in the group.

It was also the closest island to the Western Continent, making it possible to travel by ship easily. That was why even Ron could go with them.

"I heard that there is a mermaid base on the island."

"It is weird that they have a base on top of an island."

"That is why it is probably one of Arm's bases. This is why it is our first destination..." Cale had already decided where they would go. "Will be Hais Island 12."

Hais Island 12 was a very small island that was the twelfth to be discovered. It was the closest island to Hais Island 5.

"Umm, excuse me, young master-nim."
Vice Captain Hilsman cautiously started to speak.

Cale motioned for him to continue.

"Didn't you say that we will be fighting against the Mermaids? Aren't the Whales currently fighting against the Mermaids?"
"Yes."

Hilsman was very serious, unlike his usual goofy self. It was because he knew Ron's life was on the line. And he knew how important Ron was for Cale.

Cale continued to observe Hilsman as he recalled what his father had said.

"Whether he is an assassin or not, it doesn't matter. I trust my own eyes and I trust your mother. I'm sure you have already chosen to trust your heart as well, since you keep him close to you."

Other people may think that Count Deruth was saving just another servant and wondered why he would spend so much effort.

However, it was because he saw with his own eyes how Ron had watched over Cale for over ten years while Cale shunned the rest of his family. He was thinking more as a father than as the Count.

"Young master-nim, will we be okay? I heard that the Mermaids are creatures of the dark and are currently stronger due to the dead mana and poison." Hilsman was worried about their darkness attribute and the dead mana.

Rosalyn answered the question instead of Cale. "We will be fine. Young master Cale knows how to cure the mermaid poison and we just need to oppress the dead mana with an even stronger power."

The usual strategy when fighting against creatures of the dark that use dead mana was to oppress them with a single attack in order to limit the amount of battle time.