Chapter 13: Snowed in.

" ": You talking

'' : You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

???: Satou Kazuma-san... Welcome to the afterworld. I'm Eris, the goddess who'll guide your way. Your time in the mortal world is up.

Kazuma: ... I see... I have died again, haven't I ? Well, this isn't the first time, so...

Kazuma: 'That's weird... Why do I feel like I regret these guys...'

*F-TWOOOOOOOOOOM*

A few hours earlier:

Kazuma: ... I want money...

"Tell me something I don't know. And more importantly, something I don't agree on."

Kazuma: Lots of it... I want money...

"Yeah, yeah... I know..."

Aqua: Anyone would want that. It's the same for all of us too... By the way, aren't you guys being too useless ?

"Here's a pot, here's a kettle, figure the rest out yourself."

Aqua: To let a goddess like me stay in the stables, don't you have any shame ?! If you get it, let me live more luxuriously ! Spoil me ! Take better care of me !

Kazuma: You heard anything ?

"Nope. Just a weird blue thing that keeps getting us to pay her drinking debts."

Aqua: H- Hey !! This is all thanks to me we could beat that Dullahan !

"And it's all thanks to you ruining the town's wall we have no money, putting this back to zero, and leaving what you did before. You're the one pulling us down in the red all the time."

Kazuma: Do you even know why we crave money so badly ?

Aqua: The elegant and wonderful me couldn't possible understand what a couple of Neets like you are thinking about. You're after the funds you'd need to keep being shut-ins forever, isn't that it ?

Kazuma: they say love makes you blind, but it looks like ego makes you deaf as well. It's debt.

Aqua: D... Debt... ? What kind...

"Wasn't I clear enough already ?"

Kazuma: it's debt alright !! Because of the money you owe, the reward from that quest was completely gone ! My brows were frozen when I woke up in the stables this morning !! The other adventurers are already renting rooms in the tavern to sleep ! If we keep sleeping in the stables like that through the winter, we'll freeze to death ! Get a grip, now is not the time to say stupid things like, "I'll return victoriously after defeating the Demon King !"

"Can't believe the 300 millions from defeating Beldia were gone even before we got them because the flood damaged the walls... But it's true we probably couldn't beat him without that, so I won't hold it against you too much."

Aqua: See ? Now this is more of a way to address a goddess-

"Now maybe we should talk about the 5 million tab you accumulated at the tavern ?"

Aqua: Uhhhhhhh...

Kazuma: if only we could take some easy quests, but because of the winter, all the weak monsters are hibernating, so only the really dangerous ones are still active...