Chapter 56: Mmmmmh a little bit richer

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Chris: OW, OW, OW !! STOOOP !! DARKNESS, YOU'RE GONNA CRACK MY HEAD OPEN !

Kazuma: OWWW ! WILL YOU QUIT IT AND LISTEN TO ME ?!

Darkness: OH, I'D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO SAY !! But depending on what it is, things could still get worse for you !!

"... ... Well, i'm gonna do what I do best in these situations, and the same as the bath... Deny any and all responsibilities. To think I was that close to be in Kazuma's shoes for this one."

Kazuma: Then you know I didn't want to do it ! Chris made me !!

Chris: H- How could you ?! Right when I said we should leave, you suddenly got all into it !

Darkness: BOTH OF YOU, QUIT BLAMING EACH OTHER AND START TALKING !!

Darkness: ... I can't believe you... How could you not tell me about something so important ? If you'd just talked to me, I could have sorted things out...

"Oh, you mean like I tried to in the baths ? You sure sorted out a lot of things there."

Darkness: That implies you as well, so shut !!

Kazuma: We're talking about an item that lets you swap bodies, a gadget that could effectively grant you eternal life ! I wanted to tell you, but Chris said anyone in power would want to keep it for themselves, even the royal family...

Chris: I- I thought it would be okay to tell you, though, Darkness ! But my lowly assistant here pointed out that if you found out my true identity, it would put you in a tough spot, so there was nothing I could do !

Kazuma: Oooh, you little... TRY TO PIN THIS ON ME, WILL YOU ?!

Chris: OWWW !! THAT HURTS !!

Darkness: Forget it ! Just sit down, both of you !! I grant, once I realized who you were, I decided to play along. I knew there was no way the two of you would ever harm Lady iris...

"... What's done is done. Just know you're lucky as hell no one else realized who you were. First, Chris... This time, you get back to Axel before sunset or I swear I'll blast you all the way to Arcanletia ! Kazuma, you're coming back to the castle with us."

Kazuma: What ?! Why me ?!

"Officially, half our team was taken out by the thieves, and they managed to escape. It would raise too many suspicions if you suddenly disappeared. Besides, we're all getting warped back home, unless you want to walk all the way ?"

Kazuma: But... But the castle's on high alert right now ! I'm afraid I wouldn't make it out of there in one piece... Wow, that hair you pulled on really hurts ! I think I'd better sit this one out...

"... Then how about I shave it all first, hm ?"

Darkness: Enough theatrics ! let's get going !

Chris: Well, uh, good luck, lowly assistant ! Since the divine item has already been secured and all, you don't have to worry on that account...

Darkness: Hold it, Chris. Are you sure there's nothing you're till hiding from me ?

Chris: Eh ? Er... Hm... Lessee here...

Darkness: There is, isn't there ?! You always scratch that scar on your cheek when you're in trouble ! Spill it !!