Chapter 140: Fallen Down

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Megumin: ... Huh ?

Duke: like I said, the job I was referring to is her position as a Demon King's General. It has nothing to do with the magic item shop...

"... Maybe it's time to show them, then ? What Wiz mistook for some random exhibitionism."

Wiz: Aah ! T- That crest... That's the Demon King's...

Aqua: aah ! Hold on, you were a fallen angel N?! Here I thought you were a rare good person who hated devils and undead like me, but you're just another fool who defied the word of the Gods !

Duke: S- Shut up ! And what about you ?! I thought you were a great friend who shared my hatred of undead and devils, and even cheerfully spread bad rumors about Goddess Eris with me until morning, but what's with your clothes ?! You were a priest ?!

Aqua: You really are an idiot; Who do you think I am , A mere fallen angel should hurry up and kneel before me ! My name is Aqua ! The one worshiped by 20 Million Axis cultists all over the world ! Yes, Goddess Aqua herself !

Duke: ... Is she... ?

"Don't pay attention to her, she's an overzealous dumbass who's ego rivals the gods."

Duke: Great, so she's just insane...

Aqua: hey, hold it right there ! So that's why you could use Holy Magic ! How could you do that ?! You fell after going against the word of the gods, but you still dare to call upon their powers the moment you get into a pinch ? Do you have no shame ?!

Duke: S- Shut up ! We angels get run ragged by the Gods ! It's only fair that we get a little power as payment ! If anything, I'm just collecting a little but of late payment for my services ! You probably don't know this, but the Goddesses are all-

Vanir: FU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !! Welcome to this remote town, one who dreams of becoming a Demon King's General. You were originally a servant of the hateful Gods in the first place, but it seems like you just got more pathetic after falling !

"... Well, that explains a lot of stuff... Hey Vanir, when saying a Man will be overjoyed, please remember you're genderless ! That was very confusing !"

Vanir: Sorry, sorry, dear associate. Seems like I made it in time for the best part ! Oh, to think I almost missed such an amazing event !

Duke: ... Vanir-dono, this is between me and Wiz. You may be a former General of the Demon King, but please do not interfere.

"Oh, if he wanted to interfere, pretty sure he's would've sent a death ray your way already..."

Wiz: ... So you deceived me... ?

Duke: What do you mean deceived ? It has always been my intention to challenge you for the position of the Demon King's General. I tried to remove my robe when we first met, didn't I ?! That was so I could show you this crest and explain things to you.

Wiz: ... I- I thought it was a proposal... This was the first time someone confessed to me...

Duke: I- Is that so ? that's most unfortunate. Even so, this is still way too huge of a misunderstanding. This is but the third time we've met, there's no way I could propose so soon !

Wiz: I- I, I've been spending day and night seriously considering if I should really give up running the store... But I thought it'd be too pitiful for Vanir-san, so I came here to turn you down... is it really that fun to toy with the heart of a Lich ?! I won't forgive you ! This is the first time I've been so thoroughly humiliated ! It was more humiliating than when I clashed with Vanir-san back when I was still a human ! I even thought it was a proposal ! I can't believe you...