Chapter 106: Aneurysm

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Megumin: ... The Demon King's daughter... Does that mean the village's secret has finally been exposed ?

"Hold on. Is this the same kind of thing than with Sylvia ? Where you guys are actually t-bagging on them but put it like you're being slaughtered because of your chuuni antics ?"

Megumin: What is T-bagging ? But don't worry too much. Many Crimson demons know teleportation, we won't be dealt with so easily. Even if the whole village burns down, we can still magically repair it in a jiffy.

"I'm more worried about the demons than you guys, to be fair. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if the whole 'Boom, house gone' was actually Komekko firing off her first explosion, since apparently you all took a page of the same book in dealing with dangerous demons !"

Aqua: Restrain him !! He's letting loose !

Darkness: This is not Aqua in front of you, it's Komekko ! Contain the calamity !!

Kazuma: ... While I am quite worried for Megumin's parents, I'm mainly interested in the secret of Crimson Demons. Don't you have the tendency to collect... Uhm, "Evil goddesses that had been sealed away" and other dangerous things to your own village ? You also tend to have some sort of Doomsday device in store. So I was wondering if that's the reason the Demon King's daughter is attacking you.

Megumin: ... I understand. It seems necessary to tell Kazuma the truth now. Actually, one of the tourists attractions at the Crimson Demon village is a watchtower that can spy on the Demon king's castle.

Kazuma: ... Watchtower ?

Megumin: Indeed, there is a watchtower upgraded with powerful magic items on a mountaintop near the village. Although it hasn't reached the stage of "omniscience" yet...

"... ... ... ..."

Kazuma: ... You see that look in his eyes ? That's the "You guys fucked up so much I have no words to express that rage". So what's up with that tower ?

Funifura: Th- There's nothing up... Us Crimson demons can observe the Demon King's castle anytime. His daughter seems to have found out...

Kazuma: ... ... 'He'd never get so mad over simple spying...'

"Kazuma. Try remember what Megumin said when we visited the Crimson Village. She did talk about that watchtower, and what it's pointed at."

Kazuma: ... What ?

Dodonko: Well, the original selling point for that thing was that it "Could see into the Demon King's daughter's bedroom". But now that our victim knows about it... the demon Army's information warfare capabilities are not to be underestimated...

Kazuma: What did you just say... ?

Megumin: As they have said, the watchtower can not only generate revenue from tourism but also provide entertainment for NEETs in the village. A piece of equipment this valuable-

Kazuma: Would obviously be attacked by the Demon King's daughter ! Hey, i've always wanted to ask: Why is the demon king at war with humans ? To be brutally honest, aren't you Crimson Demons and the Axis cultists the main reason we're still fighting ?!

"Well, now at least you understand why I just popped a blood vessel."

Kazuma: Gah ! Your eye !

"That's the blood vessel in question. So, before I get an aneurysm on top of that, would you mind what else would the demon king want to dismember you for ?"