Chapter 78: Expedition

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Megumin: AAAAAAAAAHH !! That thing ! That thing's not Explosion Magic ! The power's only at the level of Blast magic ! That thing ! That... That... !

Kazuma: Hey, I get it. Calm down, wait ! That's juts a tool, I was kidding, kidding ! Hey ! It takes a lot of money and time to make one, give it back !

Megumin: No ! With me around, there's no need for this thing to exist ! This, this thing ! I'll throw it away if I see that again ! That's a deviant thing ! I won't acknowledge that fake !

Kazuma: I know, I know, I know all right... really, I only made this to accommodate your willfulness.

Megumin: It might be useful, but no !!

"... ... Hold that thought."

*B-TOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Megumin: H- Heh... ?

"... Explosion~."

Kazuma: Weapons check, food check, equipment check. All the items are ready ?

"What about the drags ?"

Kazuma: yeah, these too.

Aqua: Kazuma, you were so unwilling just a while ago, yet you're so eager now. What's the occasion ?

Kazuma: Because I thought about the battle this time and found that our chances are quite good. Furthermore, Yunyun who can use teleport will be coming along.

"So you're just planning on letting the other adventurers and knights do the heavy lifting, and let Megumin mingle the general ?"

Yunyun: I- I'll work hard ! I'll carry the luggage, make the food, keep watch at night and storm the front, I'll do anything !

"Pretty sure most of that is supposed to be my job anyway. In any case, we'll be more at ease with another capable fighter during the journey."

Yunyun: Is everyone ready ? Did you forget anything ? I have handkerchiefs and toilet paper, just tell me if you need any !

Megumin: Please calm down, we're not kids going on a field trip.

Kazuma: ... We'll be in your care, Yunyun. We'll teleport to the capital first, then walk to the fortress from there. It seems that veteran adventurers can reach it in about two days, and there are accommodations available along the way, so we'll head there first.

Yunyun: Okay, I've prepared all manners of board and card games for our stay outside, so don't worry !

"So that's the reason behind that huge luggage you're dragging behind..."

Yunyun: Teleport !

"The capital... Been quite a while."

Kazuma: We're not here to check on your... Gh... Your "Little Sister Iris".

"Well, now that we're here, do we go straight for the front-lines ?"

Kazuma: that was the original plan, but I think we should collect info on the situation from that person over there. I've got an idea.

Kazuma: Everyone here is working hard. Ah, your passion for your work is truly commendable.