Chapter 96: Roll for deception

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Inspector: Well then, let's hear what you have to say, shall we ? ... By the way, this is a magic tool here that rings if anyone is lying... As a result, it's pointless for you to collude your testimonies.

"oh, they already know of that. This ain't our first rodeo with similar circumstances."

Inspector: And who might you be ?

"... I guess considering me the legal tutor of all these kids wouldn't be so far-fetched. i'm just here to pay the bill and bail them out when the time comes, don't pay attention to me."

Kazuma: ... ... I have nothing. It's true.

Darkness: Hmph, for whatever it's worth, i'm still a crusader; In the name of the Goddess Eris, I swear that I won't lie.

Inspector: ... As you wish. You' job is "Crusader" and you are a believer of the Eris church... Now then, first, what is your name...

Darkness: I choose to stay silent.

Inspector: ... Huh ?

"Why am I not surprised..."

Darkness: I said that I choose to stay silent. If you wish to know my name, feel free to torture or interrogate me as you please ! However, in the name of the prestigious house Dustiness, I swear that I will not speak easily !

Inspector: ... Dustiness-san, was it ? ... Erm, we wouldn't torture or interrogate you, okay ? In a world where there is magic to decipher the truth, those are outdated methods. Please rest assured... House Dustiness... That famous house Dustiness ? It can't be... However, the bell didn't ring... ?

Inspector: Now then Dustiness-san, why did you go to that sort of place to cast that magic ?

Darkness: I choose to stay silent; if you wish for me to speak, feel free to use brute force.

"Oh, I will use brute force when we're done with this. Stop being so stubborn and answer the question, damn you ! This isn't some fantasy of yours !"

Inspector: please calm down... if you choose to stay silent, then I shall assume that there is some crime you are guilty of, you know ? I said that I wouldn't use such outdated methods, but I have the tools to do so. However, I do not feel like using them. Please rest assured, your sentence will be light, so please don't be stubborn and be forthcoming with me instead. For your information, if I judge that suspects are withholding important information, then I am permitted to use torture; I would recommend that you don't act rashly...

Darkness: Just as I like it ! Rather, come at me with the most intense methods you can !

"... You force my hand. Inspector, may I intervene and... Help out ?"

Inspector: How so ? But also, yes please...
"Well, Lalatina over here is worried of her noble lineage."

Darkness: H- Huh... ?
"You see, she want's to be treated like a regular person, that's why she gets really cranky about her rock-hard body and strong muscles, especially her ripped abs-"

Darkness: STOP ! STOOOOOOOOOOOP !!

"Maybe that's why she keeps trying on her adventurer comrade's cute dresses and sighing in disappointment, whether she plays with herself at nigh-"