Chapter 24: Y/n L/n, Ace Attorney

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Sena: Wake up ! How long do you plan to keep sleeping ?!

Kazuma: What is it ? It's so early in the morning...

Sena: IT'S ALMOST NOON ALREADY !! Get up and come with me !!

Kazuma: 'I didn't get to sleep well because of aqua...'

Sena: Honestly... What kind of life are you usually spending ! Now, go inside. First, I'll hear what you have to say. I'll decide whether to prosecute you or not, so think well before you speak, okay ?

Kazuma: 'This is like an interrogation from a detective drama...'

Sena: Before that, I'd like to confirm something. Do you know what this is ? This is a magical tool used in places like this or in courthouses, which can see through lies. It is linked to one's magic, so it will ring if the speaker tells a lie. It would be wise to keep this in mind. Now, let us hear what you have to say.

Sena: Satou Kazuma, 16, adventurer... What's your birthplace... Also, what were you doing before becoming an adventurer ?

Kazuma: I was born in japan. I was a student back there.

*Tiliiiing*

Sena: ... Falsification of your birthplace and past records...

Kazuma: O- Oi... Hold on ! This isn't really supposed to be a lie or anything... !

*Tiliiing*

Kazuma: ... I was born in japan. Back there, I was a hikikomori who spent a life of self-indulgence.

Sena: Why did you pretend to be a student ?

Kazuma: 'Damn it ! I hate this magical tool...'

Sena: I've never heard of a place called "Japan"... Well then, let me ask about your motive for becoming an adventurer.

Kazuma: there were many people suffering because of the demon king's army, so defeating the demon king to save them-

*Tiliiing*

Kazuma: ... Was a thought that never crossed my mind. I just thought "Adventurers are kinda cool". I thought it would be nice to earn big cash and be pampered by some beauties...

Sena: V- Very well, next. Do you have any grudges against the landlord ? I heard you were complaining in various places when you fell in debt...

Kazuma: I did receive money for slaying the Dullahan, and I ended in debt after the town repair expense was deducted. Even if it was to save the town, I understand that it is meaningless if I go as far as to destroy the tow-