Chapter 127: Serving the meat

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Merchant: Right, then please sign or stamp here. Thank you very much ! We'll be receiving many other high-quality ingredients in the future, so please visit us again. Thank you for your patronage !

Kazuma: Ah, thank you ! I'll hit you up again soon !

"... Okay, Kazuma, what did you waste your money on again this time ?"

Kazuma: This ? Hehe, listen and be amazed ! This is that famous Dragon meat !

Darkness: Dragon meat ?! You splurged again ?!

Kazuma: Shut up, you penniless noble ! You don't understand the economy at all !

"... How is that related ?"

Kazuma: Listen up. Someone who can easily earns big bucks like me needs to constantly spend that money instead of simply sitting on it. If too many rich people sit on their money, it'll cause the economy to stagnate. If anything, what I'm doing now is a praiseworthy act of charity.

"... All you did was giving your money to another rich person who'll probably sit on it anyway. Why don't you use it for actual acts of charity ? There are a bunch of schools and roads who'd need the money."

Darkness: I- is that so ? I was taught to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, so I don't usually splurges on luxuries...

Kazuma: You really are foolish. There's a proper reason for nobles to throw extravagant parties, you know ? When rich nobles spend money, the money will end up in the hands of the commoners in the town. And when the commoners have money, that will naturally attract merchants seeking to make a profit off them. When a city has more merchants, life in the town will become more comfortable and bustling. Once rumors spread, new residents will be attracted to live in the town, and as the residents in the city increase, so would the tax revenue that the nobles collect.

Darkness: Wha... I- Is that how it works ?!

"No it doesn't... Kazuma, where did you read or see something like that ? What even is the goal of all of this ?"

Kazuma: Simple. I've heard that eating Dragon meat can raise your stats. My stats haven't been increasing much recently even after leveling up from eating high-quality ingredients. i'm just using my wealth to further raise my power in preparation for future battles with the Demon King's Generals.

Darkness: Ka- Kazuma... You even thought that far... In that case, I'll use my family's funds to buy dragon meat for you.

"Don't you dare. That ultra-gullible side of you is something we need to work on. But if it's Dragon Meat you want, Kazuma, you just have to ask. We could start a line of selling high-quality, stat-raising food."

Kazuma: W- Well, we shouldn't take it too far. And, you know, eating Dragon meat every day will get tiresome, so we don't have to buy it every day. I just heard it was a high-quality ingredient, so I bought it to sample...

"... Something tells me it's gonna get tiresome waaay before the 'every day' part, Kazuma. But, if you're set on eating that... Thing, I won't stop you."

Kazuma: Huh , What do you mean ? Is Dragon Meat really that bad ? It's a high-quality ingredient, so isn't it supposed to be delicious ?

"Kazuma, Kazuma, Kazuma... Dragons are the strongest of monsters, at the very top of the food chain. Why do you think I never once tried to buy dragon meat ? It's just tough and stinks of ammonium, like the flesh of other carnivores. It will increase your stats, yes, but I honestly don't think it's worth it. And I don't think any amount of spice and herbs could make it taste good either."