Chapter 162: Expedition

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Luna: Allow us to get to the main issue. As may of you have already suspected, the reason we gathered all of you adventurers here today is because of the rumors that the Demon King's Army is planning a sneak attack on this town.

Adventurers: Do we know exactly when they will be attacking ? What about their numbers ? Actually, fi we already know that they are coming, can't we just ask the Capital to send a few knights down ?

Luna: According to the General that was eliminated the other day, they originally intended to infiltrate the town and attack from the inside, so the amount of forces they had prepared was quite small. But now that the commander is gone, they would most likely try and launch an attack with a larger force.

"... ... When I hear that, I can't tell if that was a bad or a good thing that I vaporized her..."

Luna: We don't know the exact numbers, but given that this town is mostly filled with fledgling adventurers, it's expected to be a pretty tough fight. As for seeking aid from the capital... It seems like the Demon King's army is intending to launch a full-scale attack on the capital concurrently... So, to be perfectly frank, it's best not to hold much hope for reinforcements. After all, it'll all be over if the capital falls. The other guilds in the area have already been informed of the attack and are currently sending over skilled adventurers and soldiers to the capital. We can only rely on ourselves to defend this town...

"Yeah, really starting to think about my actions... I mean, at least it won't be too one-sided..;"

Kazuma: If you're having regret, why are you having the biggest grin I ever saw on your face ?

"Oh, my bad, I was thinking about warmongering, and finally testing my weapons on the Demon King's army."

Kazuma: ... Somehow, i'm feeling sorry for them now...

???: Satou... Satou Kazuma. I don't see Aqua-sama anywhere. Where is she ?

Kazuma: Hm ? Oh, Yamazaki. Long time no see.

Mitsurugi: It's Mitsurugi ! Hurry up and remember my name already ! That doesn't even sound remotely close ! You're not doing this on purpose, are you ?! ... No, nevermind. More importantly, what happened to Aqua-sama ? Is she not with you today ?

"She left a letter behind before running off last night. But as a matter of fact, what are you doing here ? Weren't you supposed to stay in the Capital after getting back that divine relic ? Don't you think you shouldn't be here ?"

Mitsurugi: I heard Axel is in danger, so I came here to provide support; this is the place Aqua-sama chose ot call home, after all... Still, she ran away ? So Aqua-sama finally got sick of all that, huh ? Anyway where is she right now ?

"The whole point of running off is not knowing where she went. She just wrote that she's heading off to take down the Demon King all by herself before giving us the slip in the middle of the night. If she managed to catch the midnight carriage, she should have reached around Arcanletia by now... As for why or how, with the number of Demon Generals dwindling, she feels like she can break through the barrier as of now, or so she says."

Mitsurugi: Take down the Demon King ?!

"That is what I just said, yes, no need to yell it back."

Mitsurugi: Alone ?! Aqua-sama went off to take on the Demon King by herself ?! Then what are you doing hanging around here ?!