Chapter 23: Trials and Tribulations

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Kazuma: 'Greetings. It must be cold in your world as well. Dad, mom, I wonder how you two are faring over there ? I am doing very well in this world, so... Though I may have been an unfilial son...'

Judge: Defendant Satou Kazuma. In the light of the problematic inhuman acts you have accumulated over and over, as well as the antisocial behavior that significantly swayed the town's peace... We judge the public prosecutor's lawsuit to be valid, and the defendant to be guilty. Accordingly... You are sentenced to death...

Kazuma: 'Please forgive me for becoming a criminal.'

Your POV:

*Contrarily to its messed up name, it was feared by everyone in the world, and had a bounty on it. The Mobile Fortress Destroyer. Thanks to Kazuma's wonderful tactics and command, it was safely repelled, and it was told that a reward would be given for this accomplishment, but...*

???: Adventurer Satou Kazuma ! You are suspected of trying to subvert the state ! You are to come with me !

"... ... ... ... Excuse me, what ?"

Kazuma: Erm... Who might you be ? Actually, what do you mean by subverting the state... ?

 Sena: I'm the Kingdom's royal prosecutor, Sena

Sena: I'm the Kingdom's royal prosecutor, Sena. State Subversion is a crime of which those who cause incidents that shake the state are accused. You are aware, are you not ? You are suspected of being a terrorist, or possibly one who belongs to the demon King's army !

Kazuma: EEEEHHHH ?!

Aqua: Hey Kazuma ! Did you do something again ?! What kind of hideous act did you commit while I wasn't watching ?! Here, apologize ! I'll apologize with you as well !!

Kazuma: H- Hold on !! I haven't done anything !!

"... Are you sure you got the right guy here ? How the hell did he manage to 'Subvert the state' without even leaving this city ?"

Megumin: That's right ! Isn't there some kind of mistake ?! Kazuma does commit small crimes such as sexual harassment every now and then, but he does not have the courage to attempt subverting the state !

Kazuma: YOU ! ARE YOU TRYING TO DEFEND ME OR PICK A FIGHT WITH ME ?! MAKE IT CLEAR !!

"I mean, is it wrong though ?"

Kazuma: Ghhhh...

Darkness: Mhm. Indeed, I don't think he can commit such an outrageous crime. This man is a loser who, despite constantly looking at me when I wear light clothing, would never sneak onto me at night.