Chapter 4: EXUPUROJION !!!

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: No one's coming... It's been half a day already...

"I think we should lower the standards. Even though our final goal's to defeat the demon kings, for novices like us to only recruit top-tier classes is just impossible."

Aqua: B- But...

"Top-tier class adventurers are basically hero candidates, so it's extremely rare to get one right from the beginning."

Kazuma: if this goes on, no one will apply ! You might have a top-tier class, but mine's the weakest, and Y/n's almost nonexistent. Moreover, I'll lose my place if elites suddenly surround me. How about lowering the entry requirements...

"Trust me, no one will ever apply to our group like that, seriously, I'd even treat you whatever meal you want if-

???: I saw the notice recruiting adventurers with top-tier classes. Are you the one who posted it ?

 Are you the one who posted it ?

"And you are ?"

Megumin: My name is Megumin ! My calling is that of an Archwizard, and one who controls the strongest offensive magic, explosion... !

Kazuma: Are you here to tease us ?

Megumin: I- I'm not !

"Did you just say 'Archwizard' ? Me and my big mouth..."

Aqua: That red eye, are you a crimson demon ?

Megumin: That is correct ! I'm an elite mage from the Crimson Demon clan, Megumin ! My magic's powerful enough to split the mountains... ! ... That's how it is. Do you need an excellent mage ?... By the way, I've a favor to ask. I haven't eaten anything in 3 days; so m- may you give me something to eat before the interview... ?

*Grooooooooowl*

"*sigh*... Here, help yourself and choose. This one over here will ruin me already, so what's a little more..."

Kazuma: What's with the eyepatch, though ? If you're injured, do you need this girl to heal you ? That's about the only thing she's useful for.

Aqua: H- Hey ! I'm not useless !

"You also make a perfect frog bait."

Megumin: Hmph... This is a magic item to restrain my overwhelming power. If you pull it off, a gigantic disaster will befall the world...

Kazuma: So something like a seal ?

Megumin: I just made that up. This is just a normal eyepatch, it just looks nice- Ah, AH ! I'm sorry, p- please don't pull on it, stop !!