Chapter 85: Laid to rest

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"... ... ..."

Wolbach: ... ... ...

"... Funny you'd decide to show up, even after all I did to you. You really believe you're in any shape to win a direct confrontation against all of us."

Wolbach: This is not a question anymore. I will defeat you. Now that I know this man is the descendant of the Fairy tale's hero, I cannot let you go.

"That should be my line. The Demon King's army acting all prideful when they specialize in underhanded tactics. But if you're looking to end it all here and now, I'll be more than happy to oblige."

Kazuma: Wait. The winner of this battle is clear, so isn't it about time for you to retreat ? If you promise to stop pursuing Chomusuke and not make us your enemy, I'll let you go.

"Kazuma, I was clear enough about not letting Chomusuke anywhere close to her !"

Wolbach: It's regrettable, but I cannot let that little one go. If I don't retrieve my power from it, then I will disappear.

"... So what, are you something like an undead too ?"

Wolbach: My, how disrespectful of you. I am in my current state because I lost a lot of my power. If this continues, my existence will be devoured by my other half.

Kazuma: ... Um, could I ask something ? If I give this guy to you, how would you retrieve your power ? Are you two going to morph into one ?

Wolbach: No, I will need to destroy it with my own hands. If I lower my guard, it will go on a rampage. When we were unsealed, it followed its nature and caused a lot of trouble for me, so I sealed away most of its power...

Megumin: ... ... When you and Chomusuke were unsealed, did you see a little girl ? A crimson-eyed girl around 5 to 6 years old...

Wolbach: I don't remember.

Kazuma: ... Hey, if we can talk peacefully like this, why did you join the Demon King Army ?

Wolbach: If you want to know, then defeat me.

"Very well. You should already know, but with her, we have two persons with a loose screw and destructive power on par with Explosion magic. In short, no matter who wins, no questions will be answered afterward."

Wolbach: I suppose you're right, then...

Megumin: ... You really remember me, don't you ? When we talked to each other with Yunyun, you asked about her name like this, "By the way, your name isn't a nickname either, right" ?

'Enough of this nonsense, We can't let things escalate any further.'

Kazuma: 'No, let that happen. It's very important to her.'

Megumin: There's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time, something I wanted you to see. The Explosion Magic that you taught me has already reached the stage where I can control it without chanting aloud. My Explosion magic is stronger than anyone else's.

 My Explosion magic is stronger than anyone else's