Chapter 67: Festivities

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Guild: then, frontline fighters, who are confident in their defenses, please apply this oil to attract monsters. Everyone, listen. Although the enemies are weak and small insects, the quantity is staggering, so don't be reckless !

Darkness: As the acting lord, I'll attract all the monsters ! That's right, it's my duty to protect the citizens ! Give me all the oil !

Guild: No, we only want to attract monsters. If you apply too much, not just the monsters, even other creatures will attack you !

Darkness: I- I hope so !

Kazuma: This girl... Hey pervert, don't make trouble for the guild staff ! You just need to defend our party members !

Darkness: Ah ! The monsters are very enthusiastic in the summer ! Please Kazuma, the request of my life... !

Kazuma: Look, the only one who can handle you properly handle you is already down.

"She... She's not listening, she already snatched an extra bottle of oil."

Kazuma: Didn't you hear what the staff just said... ?

"Why do you think she's doing it ?"

Darkness: Ha. You usually say that I'm useless, so now's the time I prove my worth. A Crusader is a meat shield, so let me take on everything. You seem exceptionally motivated today, so do your part without reservation, and leave the defense to me !

Kazuma: ... of course. This is to let everyone in the city sleep well. I'll exterminate the evil monsters and the cicadas. i'm different today, so watch closely !

"Cicadas... ?"

Kazuma: Yeah. If we can't sleep because of the Cicadas' songs, this great shop which provides people with amazing dreams will be meaningless. All of that for a whole month.

"... ... Not sleeping... A whole month... ?"

Megumin: Both of you are very excited, but I'll be the one who kills the most number of monsters. Kazuma, please watch me !

"... ... ... ... ..."

Aqua: ... What is it ? Why are you looking at me ?

Kazuma: Uh, nothing. I thought you'd be the first to get carried away and cause all kinds of trouble.

Aqua: You, what do you take me for ? I can learn too. You people who get carried away will definitely fall during the fight... My vast wisdom has seen through it all. Pride precedes a fall.

Kazuma: 'Did she just.. Aqua, who messed up everything she did, who attracted undead even without doing anything, actually...'

Aqua: W- What ? Hey, why are you crying, Kazuma ?

Guild: Adventurers ! The first wave of monsters is coming ! A vast amount of insecticide has been prepared here. It's up to you, everyone !!

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

Kazuma: here they come !

Darkness: Yes !! Please come ! I can take on twenty of them ! Come on ! Bring them on !

*F-TWOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Kazuma: ... W- What... ?

"... Skeleton army, ADVANCE !!"