Chapter 99: Gold, mine.

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: Kazuma-san, Kazuma-san.

Kazuma: Yes yes, I'm Kazuma.

Aqua: You were really col today. You know, I have meant to tell you that for a long time...

"Is there any depths you're not willing to flung yourself into to get your way ?"

Kazuma: No matter how much you praise me i'm not gonna give you an allowance alright ? 'cause if I give you money you'll just mess up our bet... Oh hey, they're here.

???: Hey you lot, do you have a moment ?

"Huh. Two masked men blocking the path. How utterly expected."

Iris: Amazing ! To think that you predicted this !

Kazuma: Right ? It's just as I said, "We'll definitely get ambushed". These people are hired by the casino, you know ?

???: Y- You're wrong ! We're muggers that came after hearing that you won big ! Be obedient and leave the money here, otherwise you're in for a world of pain. Don't worry, your life is s-

"I'm gonna cut you right there. I frankly don't care who you are, who ordered you to be here, or any other question. The only important thing are the names I'm about to give you. So, how may we help you, Mr.Collateral, and Mr.Damage ?"

Collateral damage: *Glups*

Kazuma: Alright, capture these guys and use the lie-detecting ti-ling ti-ling magic tool to collect some evidence ! I mean, if they're backed by the casino, then we can blow this event out of proportion and forcibly "request" the funding !

Darkness: Y- You... Is that why you said we should go through the dark alleyway on our way home ? Ah, that's why you told Aqua to cast support magic, and go to the casino fully equipped...

Collateral: Hey, isn't this looking bad for us , I can't help but feel that we've been tricked, but...

Damage: More importantly, isn't that person over there a Crimson magic clansman ? To add onto that, there are two blonde-haired blue-eyed people. That means that... Oi, they were nobles ! All the nobles are super strong, you know ?!

"Ah, it looks like they're about to run. I don't think we can let you two do that, in the end. I'm truly sorry if I end up tearing you apart in the process, but we have Aqua with resurrection in case of a... Tragic incident."

Collateral: R- Run !! these guys are trouble, they even said that they have resurrection ! These guys are for real, they're really gonna do it ! We can't let them catch us ! RUN ! RUN !

Damage: Wait, don't leave me behind !!

Darkness: ... ... Hey Kazuma, to say "resurrection" and things like that, isn't that a bit too much ? Just saying.

Kazuma: Nope, I figured that if we said that they would get scared. I mean, there's no way I have the guts for... Hey what it is, don't look at me like that. For real, please stop !

Megumin: ... It's not you we're worried about...

"Hey, I'm pretty sure they're still in range... want me to get them back ?"

Kazuma: ... Yeah, I see what you mean...