Chapter 52: Accomplice afterthoughts

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"... ... ... Chris, huh... ? That doesn't take ! You're trying to trick me by assuming the face of an acquaintance ! Take off that mask this instant !"

Chris: Owwwww owowowowowowow !! Stop ! It's really me !

"... Looks like so... So you're that good thief everyone's been talking about recently... Couldn't have guessed."

Chris: Yeah, I am... But that doesn't explain why you're here...

"Well, believe it or not, I was trying to catch you... Well honestly, Kazuma dragged us all here because he wanted an access to the royal castle, so... The rest of us were kinda reluctant, and Darkness the most."

Chris: What ?! Darkness is here ?!

"Shhhhhhh !"

Chris: O- Oh no ! The last thing in the world I want is for Darkness to know I'm doing this... !

"... If you want to know, she seemed kinda understanding of what the Good Thief was doing. If you explain what you do, I'm pretty sure she'll get it, and you'll get to keep your head attached."

Chris: Y- You don't understand ! i'm not doing this for laughs... !

"... Kinda feeling like i'm putting my finger on something way too big to handle myself there... Look, right now I don't want to hear your reasons, I know you're a good person, and must have good reasons... So just beat it before you get caught."

Chris: What ? Why, what's the rush ? Th- There's actually something I really need with your help...

"And i'm telling you to leg it. The ruckus we made will be sure to bring more people here, and do you know who owns this mansion ? Trust me, if Alderp finds you and catches you, he'll make Kazuma's sexual harassment seem like the most romantic interaction."

Chris: *G- Glups*... S- So... ?

"I have an idea, don't worry."

Kazuma: Mgnm... It's the middle of the night, what kind of-

*F-TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM*

"THIEEEEEEEEEF !! THIEF LOCATED !!"

Kazuma: Hah ?!

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY !!"

*SCKLING*

Kazuma: What's going on in here ?! What's happening-

*F-TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

"... ... ... ... Oops..."

Darkness: What's that ruckus ?! Did the thief show up ?!

"Um... yeah, they did, but..."

Megumin: Kazuma, are you okay ?! Did they thief do that to you ?!

"Uhhhhh... Not exactly the thief... But speaking of them... yeah, they escaped already..."

Aqua: Could you at least get a look at them ?

"They had that hood on... I probably shouldn't have tried to go directly for them..."

Kazuma: Wh- What ?

"Enemy Detection, Ambush and Lurk... You wouldn't believe how strong these can be when used correctly... This one will be a rough catch."