Chapter 16: Moral balance

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"So, Kazuma. Where are you taking us this time ?"

Kazuma: To a place that will hopefully fix a recurring problem our party has.

"... I also want Aqua to clear her tabs, but how is this gonna help exactly ?"

Kazuma: Not that problem. It's about the balance in our party.

Aqua: Balance ?

Kazuma: Darkness is really tough, and don't even need healing magic to keep doing. Megumin's instant damage output is really high, but we need more reliable damage output.

"Am I not reliable enough ?"

Kazuma: Think about it, by trying to focus on both crowd control and single-target damage, you end up lacking on both field, not to mention you're a glass cannon as well. I need more offensive skills to learn myself..

"Okay... I kinda see what you mean. And this shop will help that ?"

Kazuma: Apparently, the owner of this shop is an esteemed magician, and they have been listening to requests to requests from people from every town. So I have something I would like to ask for, too.

"I see..."

Kazuma: Okay, we're here. Also, Aqua, let me be clear, don't make a mess or act violent, and don't use any magic, understand ?

Aqua: Hey, why are you restricting me from this and that ? Do you think I'm a delinquent or a bandit or something ? I'm a goddess, you know ? A holy being.

"That... Kinda worry me too, do you expect her to assault the shopkeeper out of nowhere ?"

Kazuma: You'll see soon enough. Hello ! Good day to you !

Shopkeeper: Welco- Ah !

Wiz: Huuuhh...

Aqua: AHHH ?! You finally showed yourself, you damn undead !! You dare set shop here ?! A goddess like me has to sleep in the stables, but you can open a shop ?! You're getting too full of yourself, lich ! I'll burn your store down in the name of the gods- !

*Bonk*

"So that's what you meant... I mean, if it was any other undead, I don't think it would be a problem, but her..."

Kazuma: Exactly. Yo, Wiz, long time no see.