Chapter 159: Indebted

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Celestina: Wh- What ? Weren't you under my power ? What happened ?!

"Oh, dear, you have a thing or two to learn about scheming and acting. Your facade just breaks way too easily under pressure for it to be convincing. I might have to teach you about that."

Celestina: B- But that feeling, you were thankful to me for telling you all of it, weren't you ?! You should've felt like you owed me for that !

"... Why should I feel any sense of gratefulness towards someone so utterly rotten as you ? All that I feel is pity for you, as it seems you came all this way only to die at my hands."

Celestina: Y- You... Are you physically incapable of feeling gratitude, you absolute sociopath ?!

"Well, when you combine how insufferable you are and the debt you already owed me, I think you're the problem here."

Celestina: Debt ? I owe you no debt ! What are you... Huh ?

"Here, a little something for you, the fleeced one."

Celestina: ... Gurk...

"To think I went out of my way to give you money, and you didn't even bother repaying that debt, I'm hurt. But I guess the intel you gave me about pays it off. So all that's left is a foolish Demon General who isolated herself from the rest of the city."

Celestina: ... I should've gone with your friend right away... Such an easy target, all of my troubles would have been resolved...

"Allow me to doubt that. Kazuma is probably the absolute last person you want to puppet, believe me on that. But enough talking... You're going down !"

Celestina: Gh... Fine ! i'm not much of a fighter myself, but I'm not stupid enough to come here alone ! I have an army of adventurers under me, what can you do ?! Attack now !

Adventurers: ... .... ... H- Huh ? Hey, what are we doing here... What's happening ?

Celestina: ... W- What ? How come the puppeting came undone ?!

"You said it yourself. Should the puppet receive an order they strongly disagree with, the spell could wear off. And as you can see... All of you are in my way, so scram !!"

Dust: Gah, he's unhinged ! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES !! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID THIS TIME BUT I'M SORRY !!

"... As you can see, attacking me is probably the last thing they would try to do."

Celestina: M- My puppets...

"And now all that you have left is this pestering curse that you'd lay upon the town. Well..."

*POP*

*POP*

"That is, only if the town is around."

Celestina: Wh- What happened ?! Where are we ?! ... Why are there craters everywhere... ?

"Welcome to what I call my 'test lab'. You should be grateful, you'll be the first to test out my Anti-Demon King weapon ! You who lived her life by bowing to a God... Why don't you go meet your God then ?!"