Chapter 143: Scam-ville

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Megumin: Seriously. That cool and strong-willed Soketto ended up almost being driven to tears. She's the Crimson Demon's best fortune teller. If you tease her too much, she'll start spreading stuff about you that you don't want revealed.

Kazuma: Sorry, she looked really pretty, so I just... Anyway, what do you mean by that ? After all this time, there's nothing I particularly need to hide, so threats like that won't work.

"True, true. After so much time, I don't think anything would make us think less of you. We all know you're Kazutrash already."

Kazuma: You don't have to say it like that...

Megumin: If you really want to know, back when a NEET called Bukkoroli made her angry, she revealed stuff like when he usually takes a bath or uses the toilet, his past embarrassing incidents and fetishes, and even what he gets up to at night, and caused him to coop himself in his room for quite some time.

"... I don't know if that really is fortune telling, or if she just stalks everyone in the village..."

Kazuma: Either way, I'll definitely apologize when I see her again.

Darkness: S- Say, Megumin, what is that person doing ? He seems to be directing that golem to attack a rotating pot, is that some kind of ritual or something ?

Megumin: That person is the best potter amongst the Crimson Demons. he's rotating that pot using clay magic and shaping it with that golem. He doesn't use his hands because they'll get dirty, so he uses the golem instead.

"... Couldn't he directly form and shape the pot with clay magic instead of using the golem ?"

Kazuma: I want him to apologize to the potters of the world.

Aqua: Hey, hey, what are those people over there doing ?

Mages: Tornado ! Create Water !

Megumin: They're just doing laundry.

Kazuma: You people are really great at using magic for frivolous purposes.

"I kinda get that... When you're so proficient with magic, not using it to help in everyday life would feel like kind of a waste."

Kazuma: With how you use your powers, I guess you'd understand, yes...

Megumin: ... Well, this should be the right spot, but...

"... Megumin, are you sure this is your house ? It looks... Quite different from last time."

Darkness: This one's way bigger, and it's brand new too...

*Knock knock*

Komekko: ... ... Who's there ?

Megumin: Fufu, who do you think it is ?

Komekko: ... Our house might look impressive, but we have no money. Please go away.

Megumin: It's me ! Your older sister Megumin ! You can tell from my voice, right ?! Please open up !

Komekko: ... I don't have an older sister. She died in an Explosion.

Megumin: What are you saying ?! I'm well alive and here in front of you ! Come on !