Chapter 163: B-team

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"Hmm hmmmm hm hmmm~"

Mitsurugi: I really don't think now's the time to be so relaxed. We need to

hurry and find our way out so we can go after Aqua-sama !

"Look, it can't be helped that we stepped into that Teleport trap and ended up in some kind of giant dungeon, but now that we're here, we should as well take the best of what's happening."

Yunyun: U- Umm... But we're alone here... Wh- What about your companions, Mitsurugi-san ? Did they not follow us here ?

"You can thank him for being so adamant about 'Leading the way' and telling them to 'Protect the rear'. I honestly don't think they could survive down there. That minotaur was no joke."

Yunyun: ... I- I think I recognize this place... It's rumored to be the largest and deepest dungeon in the entire world...

Mitsurugi: I heard about it... they say it's home to some of the most dangerous monsters to ever exist... I don't think anyone ever managed to clear it in centuries, if at all.

"Well isn't that fan-fucking-tastic... lost in the final dungeon with no map, no rations, not even a torch and no idea where to go... Did I miss anything ?"

Yunyun: Th- They say that the recommended level for exploring this dungeon is three times the floor you're on. And there are 20 floors in total...

"... Well, aren't I glad I already reached level 60... We won't achieve anything just standing here, so let's at least try to find a way up. The more we go, the easier it should be. I'll deploy my scouts."

Mitsurugi: Seriously, what floor are we on ?!

"No idea. But judging by the fuming pool of goop, someone already cleared the way, so let's thank them and make our way up the stairs-"

???: ... ... ...

Yunyun: H- Hey... Is that a child... ? What's it doing here ?

"My danger sense is tingling. No way a regular human girl would just be wandering around here like that..."

???: ... Onii-chans, Onee-chan, are you bad adventurers ? Or good adventurers ?

Mitsurugi: ... of course we're good adventurers. What are you doing here, are you lost ? Hurt ? Don't worry, we'll help you.

Amarilice: What a relief. My name is Amarilice ! Say, do you want to have a chat ? I've been stuck in this dungeon for a very long time, and it's really lonely down here.

"... We're kind of in a hurry... Moreover, what are you doing all by yourself so deep in a dungeon in the first place ? ... Are you even human ?

Amarilice: ... Right now, I'm no longer human. You know, the old man who raised me was a magician. For the sake of his magical research, he turned me into a chimera. After that, I can no longer live in the cities, so he told me to hide myself in this dungeon. He said he'll come get me when he finds a way to turn me back to normal, so I've been living here ever since.

Yunyun: Umm... What is that old man to you ? What happened to your parents ?

Amarilice: Papa and Mama died. The old man said he bought me. He brings me food to eat, so he's a very good person !