Chapter 41: Deadly Poison Slime Hans

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: hey, I think I see someone in the distance...

Kazuma: Really... hey, it's that guy from the baths !

Megumin: Why are you guys stopping ?

Kazuma: Shhh... Look, our guy's here. It's not the blond old man the guards told us about, it's the one we were looking for. Mind deploying the scouts ?

"Way ahead of you, I already have three surrounding the guy. And it's definitely our man. But there's one little problem..."

Kazuma: What ?

"I have three... But I had five. Two of them just straight up went missing when I tried sneaking them underwater."

Kazuma: They're gone ?

Darkness: Wait, there's a pipe linked here... hey, he's poisoning the water right now !

Aqua: WHAT ?! NOT HAPPENING !!

"Look, we really shouldn't be rushing in, this guy is-"

Aqua: YOUUUUUU !!

Hans: H- HUH ?! Hey, what are all of you doing here ?! This place is off-limits to all except the manager, so how did you get here ?!

Aqua: Are you still playing dumb ?! How dare you destroy the hot springs in this city ! I'll purge you !!

Hans: Destroy the hot springs ? I'm the manager of the hot springs, okay ? What are you saying... ?

 "We were told the manager was an old man with blond hair

"We were told the manager was an old man with blond hair. Not a brown-haired tanned guy."

Megumin: It's useless to play dumb, okay ? And what are you doing here ? It's too troublesome to poison the hot springs one at a time, so you're going right for the source ? The uproar of polluted water gushing out was probably your way of confirming that this source was actually linked to the city, right ?

Darkness: We saw that all the hot springs had been contaminated on our way here. Megumin already asked, so can you tell us what you're doing here ? I'm Dustiness Ford Lalatina, with my authority as a noble, I would like you to come with us.

Hans: I already said I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want to search the things I have with me ? You'll never find anything poisonous... With me... ?

Wiz: ... ... ...

Hans: An- Anyways, I'm here to investigate the reason behind the polluted water, um...

"Your thoughts ?"

Wiz: ... It's Hans-san ! Hans-san, it's you, right ?!

Hans: W- Who's Hans ? i'm the manager of the hot springs in this city...