Chapter 73: Birthday

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"Kazuma, you're late, we've already started."

Kazuma: Don't you dare say that when you teleported your way here.

"Hey, can't be late for the celebration. It's the night the organizers of the festival booked the entire merchant district for that banquet."

Kazuma: ... Hey, is it a good idea to let the Eris and Axis cultists stay in the same place ? isn't it like locking a goddess and a devil in the same room ?

Aqua: You shut-in schemer, describing Eris cultists as devils is going too far. And to celebrate the end of the festival, right ? My children won't make a scene during this banquet.

"You do realize he was referring to Axis cultists with that, right ? Besides, calling him a schemer ? Here is a pot, here is a kettle, just add up."

Kazuma: Nevermind. After all, they're getting surprisingly along. No one's picking a fight...

"Does that mean to get you to behave, we have to make you party all day ?"

Aqua: That feels like you're looking down on us, but you're not wrong. By the way, i'm like that too. If you want me to be easier to deal with, then bring me some high-quality wine every day.

Kazuma: So you admit you're usually a troublemaker.

"Even Vanir and Wiz are here to party."

Kazuma: probably as part of the merchant district.

Chris: Come on, Darkness, drink up ! Megumin, you too !

Darkness: Why are you always so excited during banquets ? H- Hey ! Fine, okay, I'll drink something. But don't drag Megumin into this ! I'll drink Megumin's share too !

Megumin: I'm not a kid anymore, Darkness, so let me drink at times like this ! I'm old enough to get married, you know ! Hey, Kazuma, you're late. Help me explain this ! i'm only two years younger than you, so I'm not that young !

"Chris is completely wasted... Guess all goddesses love banquets, huh..."

Kazuma: ... Nah, you're too young to drink alcohol. Also, we're three years apart now. Wanna know why ? Because today's my birthday !

"Wait, really ? Why didn't you say so sooner ?"

Aqua: Huh. Happy birthday, I guess ? Okay then, Kazuma, give me a present now.

Kazuma: ... A present ? Hey, what' that supposed to mean ? Why doi have to give you a present ?

Aqua: I guess you really are an idiot who doesn't know this country's customs. Fine, I'll tell you. In this country, the birthday person gives presents to the people who took care of him the past year out of gratitude. It's something like "Thanks to everyone, I made it through the year safely".